BMW K bikes (Bricks)

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Back to top Go down   Wind screen screw designations Empty Wind screen screw designations Fri Mar 15, 2013 12:50 am

tio Jaimito

tio Jaimito
Silver member
Silver member
What is the size of the screw that holds the wind screen on the K100 Rs It looks to be 12mm long Pan head phillups , perhaps 4mm diameter. How is it classified? thread pitch, size. I want to pick one up and don't know what to ask for.
UJ

Peggy's 1987 K75s Columbia Grey 9500miles 6 valve.

Wind screen screw designations K100_m12

Wind screen screw designations K75_po12
Wind screen screw designations Basil_10
http://www.nachicagonorth.com

2Back to top Go down   Wind screen screw designations Empty Re: Wind screen screw designations Fri Mar 15, 2013 1:02 am

Rick G

Rick G
admin
admin
Now when I think about it I am not sure if there are metric and imperial screw threads as I have never had to find out. I have always used the wire gauge system. I would say that it is a No8 screw.
Come to think of it there most likely would be a metric system after all the poms (english) used their own imperial sizes for everything else. I think just to be different

And then he is so anxious about the future that he does not enjoy the present; the result being that he does not live in the present or the future; he lives as if he is never going to die, and then dies having never really lived."   Dalai Lama

Bikes 1999 K1100 LT with a Big Block 1200

3Back to top Go down   Wind screen screw designations Empty Re: Wind screen screw designations Fri Mar 15, 2013 1:23 am

charlie99

charlie99
VIP
VIP
they are 5 mm metric
i have a bunch that i bought
mostly 20 or 25 mm long for the screen to be comfortable the nut section is about 8- 10 mm deep then you have at least 5 for the fairing then 6 -8 for the screen
hope that helps
i use stainless with stainless washers as well (add 1.5 mm)
Wind screen screw designations 2013-028

'86 K100 RT..#0090401 ..."Gerty" ( Gertrude Von Clickandshift ) --------O%O
'86 k100 rs.. #######..  "Fred " (f(rame) red ) ( Fredrick leichtundschnell ) - -
bits and pieces from many kind friends across the k100 world ...with many thanks ..
1987 k100rs ########   "Red"  - (red sports rs TWB style )
1989 K100rt #009637   "Black Betty"  (naked rt ala Nigel , now sporting an rs main fairing )

4Back to top Go down   Wind screen screw designations Empty Re: Wind screen screw designations Fri Mar 15, 2013 3:26 am

Toto_jp

Platinum member
Platinum member
You got me there Charlie looking at the photo of Gerty trying to work out what was out of place
it was the glass / lens cleaner just sitting in middle of no where Embarassed

5Back to top Go down   Wind screen screw designations Empty Re: Wind screen screw designations Fri Mar 15, 2013 5:12 am

Stan

Stan
Life time member
Life time member
I use gutter bolts with hardware plastic covers.

6Back to top Go down   Wind screen screw designations Empty Re: Wind screen screw designations Fri Mar 15, 2013 5:31 pm

tio Jaimito

tio Jaimito
Silver member
Silver member
thanks Guys, 5mm it was. I do appreciate the help.

Peggy's 1987 K75s Columbia Grey 9500miles 6 valve.

Wind screen screw designations K100_m12

Wind screen screw designations K75_po12
Wind screen screw designations Basil_10
http://www.nachicagonorth.com

7Back to top Go down   Wind screen screw designations Empty Re: Wind screen screw designations Sun Mar 17, 2013 5:35 am

K75cster

K75cster
Life time member
Life time member
Ah Charlie playing with the blue tac again hey?

The Clever are adept at extricating themselves from situations that the wise would have avoided from the outset - QUOTE from david Hillel in Out of the Earth.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum