BMW K bikes (Bricks)

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

DeRodster

DeRodster
Life time member
Life time member
I have been wondering what the two brackets are that are mounted below and towards the rear of the fuel tank on my K1100.
Having been investigating getting a tank bag I now think these to do with the Multivario or similar tank bag !
They are like these....

So thats what those brackets are ! K1_k1110

I have a smaller bag but it's quite restrictive on the steering so I guess Multivario would be worse.

R

1974 Triumph 3TA / 5TA
1974 Honda 100
1969 Honda 50

MikeP

MikeP
Life time member
Life time member
Those brackets are like hen's teeth. BMW don't sell them without selling the tank-bag. Many people flog off tank-bags without including the brackets.

As for the multi-vario, the same bag on my K1 has no affect upon the steering.

DeRodster

DeRodster
Life time member
Life time member
Well now, there's an opportunity for some enterprising person to set up a jig and start makin em....;-)
guess I better start lookin for a K1100 Multivario on eBay or such

R

1974 Triumph 3TA / 5TA
1974 Honda 100
1969 Honda 50

MikeP

MikeP
Life time member
Life time member
Good idea. I doubt that you'll make your fortune though as only the K1, the K1100RS/LT need them. All the other multivario bags just hook under the lower edge of the tank. The reason for these clips is that the listed models have either a shroud (in the case of the K1) or a long side panel that prevents access to the tank.

An aside: The harness of the K1/K1100 differs from the rest in that it has no flaps on the side straps that go between the hooks and the tank to protect the paint. The side straps are also angled differently to align with the clips mounted on the tank.

The harness is embossed K1/K1100.

I have a new K1/K1100 tank-bag and an old multivario for the other models. I thought that the zips fixing the bag to the harness would be the same so that once you have the harness you could fit any of the K multivarios. Alas this isn't so (well not with the two I have here).

The clips could be used to mount the K1/K1100 bag on another K but that would mean either leaving the side panels off or modifying them.

Longwinded I know but what I'm saying is make certain that you source the correct harness and bag for your bike.

DeRodster

DeRodster
Life time member
Life time member
Wilco,
I saw some Multivario photo's a day or so ago and I see that the K1100 one (for my machine) has the logo embossed on it.
You never know some day one might pop up.

Rod

1974 Triumph 3TA / 5TA
1974 Honda 100
1969 Honda 50

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum