BMW K bikes (Bricks)

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Back to top Go down   MRA X-creen Tour Spoiler Empty MRA X-creen Tour Spoiler Fri Aug 02, 2013 1:51 pm

xpc316e

xpc316e
Gold member
Gold member
http://www.bikehps.com/acatalog/MRA_X-creen_Motorcycle_Screen_Flip_Spoiler_Air_Deflector.html

I have just fitted the large version of this add-on screen to my K100RT.  I am 6'0" (183 cm) and the bike has the standard 54 cm screen.  I get quite a lot of wind noise unless I crouch down behind the screen, so I hope this accessory screen will be enough to lift the air over the top of my helmet and make my riding substantially quieter.

It is a well-engineered piece of kit, and all the hardware is of high quality, although bearing in mind the price I would not expect anything else.  I have yet to go for a spin with it, but I like that adjustments can be made without tools, so it ought to be easy enough to experiment in the middle of a journey.  There are two methods of attaching the screen included: one option is to drill the screen (an excellent self-adhesive template is provided), the other method is to use clamps on the screen edge.  There is a large range of adjustments that can be made with either method of fixing.  I have elected to use the clamps, rather than drill the screen, although once I have found the ideal position for the screen I might get the drill out as the brackets look a little tidier.

MRA X-creen Tour Spoiler Screen11

MRA X-creen Tour Spoiler Screen12

MRA X-creen Tour Spoiler Screen13

VIN 0191428, 1991 K100LT, formerly owned by Lancashire Constabulary. This old warhorse is now 'out to grass' and living in retirement in Suffolk, where it will be showered with appropriate love and care.

VIN 6459609, 1992 K1100LT, another ex-Police machine, even though she now looks like she is a former fire engine.

2Back to top Go down   MRA X-creen Tour Spoiler Empty Re: MRA X-creen Tour Spoiler Fri Aug 02, 2013 4:28 pm

nino

Life time member
Life time member
Better to drill. On higher speed 130 plus you need something secured by bolt. I mounted deflector on my MRA Arizona screen (605 mm) and have a very good experience. Even on 190 - 200 I can drive with small helmet without a visor. On country roads use to smoke while driving. No wind buffeting at all.
Good investment specially for longer trips on highway
Best regards
https://www.k100-forum.com/t3793-wind-solution

3Back to top Go down   MRA X-creen Tour Spoiler Empty Re: MRA X-creen Tour Spoiler Fri Aug 02, 2013 11:08 pm

bushyintas

bushyintas
Silver member
Silver member
Screen spoiler looks the part nice neat fitting, also like the blind spot mirror, where did you get it?

Regards Bushy

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum