BMW K bikes (Bricks)

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Back to top Go down   Daylight Running Lights Empty Daylight Running Lights Fri Oct 30, 2009 4:33 pm

K-BIKE

Life time member
Life time member
I am getting a set of these to try and will let you know what I think about them. The big issue is the greater amount of light at the drivers eye level plus the huge reduction in power consumption when compared to a conventional headlight. http://www.hella.co.nz/?t=9&pcid=541&sct=1&pid=1605&View=Full

I will report back once I have tried them.
Regards,
K-BIKE

2Back to top Go down   Daylight Running Lights Empty Re: Daylight Running Lights Fri Oct 30, 2009 4:55 pm

Crazy Frog

Crazy Frog
admin
admin
I get a set of "made in china" driving lights.
According to the people riding with me, during the day they really increase awareness of my bike to other drivers/riders. At night time, they are pretty useless.
I paid only $14 for them and they serve the purpose of what I bought them for.
If you need lights to ride at night, nothing beats the Piaa.
Hella is a very good brand and before they were the top brand in Europe. I have not heard of Hella for years.... Maybe because I live in North America!

3Back to top Go down   Daylight Running Lights Empty Re: Daylight Running Lights Tue Nov 10, 2009 11:06 pm

andyb

andyb
Silver member
Silver member
HI Guys, I have a 88' RT with engine bars. I daily commute from the country to the city pre dawn and after dark (In Kangaroo territory). I've fitted a set of 'china' cheapy parabolic lensed fog lights 55w and also a set of Narva 100w spot lights. Lights up like a flamin' truck at night! alternator handles it OK. I got 2 sets of driving light wiring kits off ebay. connected them straight to the battery, and set the fog light trigger wire into the parking light bulb plug, and the driving light trigger wire into the high beam plug, thus negating the need to put the wires onto your headlight switch! mounted the 2 switches onto a cuple of switch blanking plugs. So all can be removed easily. the fog lights on during the day (a small round light) help give you greater presence, especially in traffic. will try and put some pics up.
regards, Andyb

4Back to top Go down   Daylight Running Lights Empty Re: Daylight Running Lights Wed Nov 11, 2009 1:35 am

K-BIKE

Life time member
Life time member
I take it you are using relays, which is the plan. I have taken to running on main beam during the day as the dipped does not put enough light at the eye level of cars, vans and lorries, main beam puts a lot more there. I am running 100 watt main beam filament and 90 watt when on dipped via an Eastern Beaver kit. I have yet to be flashed for dazzle during the day.
Regards,
K-BIKE

5Back to top Go down   Daylight Running Lights Empty Re: Daylight Running Lights Thu Nov 12, 2009 8:28 pm

andyb

andyb
Silver member
Silver member
G'day K-Bike, yep both sets of lights run through fully independant wiring systems, with fuses and relays. i got 'em off ebay for 30 bucks a set. Check them out, designed for cars so plenty of wiring length to feed around the bike and chopped off any excess. all the fuse & relay section of each set of wires fitted in the space just in front of the battery area. I did put a decent set of Narva relays on them. Fed the cables just under tank and down into fairing. The 55w Fogs put out a flat (horizontal) beam, which dont give any extra distance, but do widen vision out sides, and they will remain on when on low beam, if you have to dip lights at night. 100w Spots are spot and not flood, Fantastic at lighting the edges of the road for a couple of hundred metres past headlight reach, where all the nasties hide. By linking the trigger wires into the Park & headlight Plugs, no soldering required. trigger wire and switch wires concealed up near horn bracket. The complete wiring harnesses made the job easy, and just made some angle iron brackets to allow both sets to be attached to the single bracket on the engine bars. and like I mentioned, you are not running the power through your light switch on the bars, so no added load to bugger up the switch. cheers, AndyB.
Daylight Running Lights Icon_cheers

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum