BMW K bikes (Bricks)

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Back to top Go down   New Bikes Here Empty New Bikes Here Fri Apr 18, 2014 2:56 am

Ballsy

Ballsy
Hello again guys,,

So this morning I picked up my newest addition to the shed a 1988 K100RS ,,, rode it home wowwww what a shock, feels so heavy like the steering is heavy at low speed and talk about rev, I kept looking for a 6th gear.
I suppose I,II get used to it , just came as a surprise , I,m thinking the centre of gravity is way higher than the Harley Fatboy I,ve got ,,anyway once I got going it runs really sweet and everything works , now the fun begins , as I,ve never had a BMW before I be asking a lot of questions and asking for a lot of advice.
When I bought this bike it came with a spare bike of the same year and model, apparently it runs and is all there except for the rear master cylinder.
Anyway that wasn't the biggest shock , I was just looking around at the price of the rear shock,,, scary think I,II be looking for someone that reco,s them, ok so a few things I hope you can help me out with .

What engine oil do I run ? semi synthetic or mineral and grade please
The battery is a bit tired still working but not real flash so any pointers on what battery I should buy
What tyres are you guys running as in type and size , the ones on it are legal but wont last forever.
And lastly for now , What is the best oil filter to use and is online the best place to buy,I,m in Perth Australia and apart from the main dealer haven't found anywhere that sells parts at a half reasonable price.

Thanks in advance
Cheers Ballsy

Oh and can someone tell me how to post a pic of the ole gal so maybe someone could point out things I should no.

New Bikes Here Icon_user_profileNew Bikes Here Icon_contact_pm

2Back to top Go down   New Bikes Here Empty Re: New Bikes Here Fri Apr 18, 2014 3:49 am

Rick G

Rick G
admin
admin
As for the shock the RAM SHOX is the way to go http://www.realmengineering.com/page15.html
You cant go past them just make sure you specify load etc or you will get a stiff spring.

Posting pics https://www.k100-forum.com/t998-posting-pictures-and-movies

And then he is so anxious about the future that he does not enjoy the present; the result being that he does not live in the present or the future; he lives as if he is never going to die, and then dies having never really lived."   Dalai Lama

Bikes 1999 K1100 LT with a Big Block 1200

3Back to top Go down   New Bikes Here Empty Re: New Bikes Here Fri Apr 18, 2014 8:59 am

Ballsy

Ballsy
Thanks Rick ,,,I,II have a go at loading a pic,,,,  cheers

4Back to top Go down   New Bikes Here Empty Re: New Bikes Here Fri Apr 18, 2014 10:50 am

Bigsax

Bigsax
Gold member
Gold member
G'day Ballsy, welcome.

I am in Perth too and have done a few mods to my 86RS. PM me if you like and maybe we can meet up and swap ideas.

5Back to top Go down   New Bikes Here Empty Re: New Bikes Here Mon Jun 30, 2014 6:59 pm

mawhera

mawhera
Gold member
Gold member
welcome mate, rick here NZ. I run Castrol Magnetic 20 40 in all my machines, nice and not to costly.
Mines on www.trademe.co.nz if you fancy a look.
what did you pay for them both.
I may not sell mine, thinking of up grading ?? to a K1200LT, may sell another of my 6 bikes Dr650 or R1100RS.
If ever out here give me a call, tell you a few yarnes and offer a place to kip if you are touring. Was thinking of letting forum memebrs use my bike for a fair rental, 50c/km, via a system called Ksurfing international, good idea if experienced, saves shipping, and a you prang it it you fix it non insured model.
what do ya wreckon.
I'm a Ulysses member here.

Ks are tops mate.
Rick K IWI
Land

Rick
K IWI land
New Zealand

6Back to top Go down   New Bikes Here Empty Re: New Bikes Here Mon Jun 30, 2014 7:50 pm

Kyle10

Kyle10
Life time member
Life time member
Don't start asking about which/what oil. It always seems to end badly.  
 New Bikes Here 161205 

Welcome to the knuthouse, Ballsy

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum