BMW K bikes (Bricks)

You are not connected. Please login or register

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 3 of 4]

Holister

Life time member
Life time member
smithy wrote:... Kaptain you seem concerned about the time and ks of this ride but your not coming! Hmmm I can assure you we'll be back in Guyra in plenty of time to fire up the BBq and knock down a few ales.
Mate! Not at all concerned. Just trying to confirm what you said, that it wouldn't take the 9½hrs as your original map quoted but I certainly would have no concerns about taking a run like that... just can't this year.
OK I'll stay out of it now. Enjoy the run. See you all next year.

Ed

Ed
Life time member
Life time member
only speaking for myself , but I hope there is time for a wee break  Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed

looking forward to a top weekend away , been a bit quiet on the K this year.

1993 K1100RS  0194321         Colour #690 Silk Blue  aka " Smurfette"
2018 Kart upgrade.
A ride through the Northern Tablelands 2014 - Page 3 10_x_110

smithy

smithy
Life time member
Life time member
groverK wrote:only speaking for myself , but I hope there is time for a wee break  Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed

looking forward to a top weekend away , been a bit quiet on the K this year.
Hey Ed, the ride is much the same as last year, but with a different lunch location , klms  almost identical as last year, and we all had plenty of breaks, skones coffee, lunch ect: and still were back at Seans for a top BBq and a few ales.

98 K1100lt: Vin 8044

rosskko

rosskko
VIP
VIP
Not to mention time to put on the cyclone proof rain gear.

Although one could be forgiven for thinking it was later than it actually was owing to the sun going into hiding behind the tornado and hail clouds.

If I get up there (fingers still crossed) I will have to leave you after Ebor and head home. Unfortunately no Monday off for me.
told I have to save my leave. Mumbled something about Venice in August. Not sure what that means.

Basic/2 6308802K100CJ  05/1988

K1100RS 0194321

indian036

indian036
Life time member
Life time member
rosskko wrote:Mumbled something about Venice in August. Not sure what that means.
It means you have to be prepared for crazy large crowds. My wife found it works better if you get out early before the rest of the crowds get up after their sleep in.

Bill

1984 K100RT  VIN 0023022  Work needing lots of progress

1986 K100RT  VIN 0090542  Work needing lots and lots of progress
1993 K1100LT  VIN 0183046  Work in progress
1993 K75S  VIN 0213045  Tom the Triple (now on Historic rego too.)

smithy

smithy
Life time member
Life time member
rosskko wrote:Not to mention time to put on the cyclone proof rain gear.

Although one could be forgiven for thinking it was later than it actually was owing to the sun going into hiding behind the tornado and hail clouds.

If I get up there (fingers still crossed) I will have to leave you after Ebor and head home. Unfortunately no Monday off for me.
told I have to save my leave. Mumbled something about Venice in August. Not sure what that means.

Hey rainmaker I'm glad you'll be coming, if only to have a few ales on the Saturday night and drag some rain with you, Christ it's getting dry again ! we may need the Ks to whip up another storm.

When your other half mumbled something about Venice, did you mumble something back in the affect of can I ride there.

Ed

Ed
Life time member
Life time member
smithy wrote:
rosskko wrote:Not to mention time to put on the cyclone proof rain gear.

Hey rainmaker I'm glad you'll be coming, if only to have a few ales on the Saturday night and drag some rain with you, Christ it's getting dry again ! we may need the Ks to whip up another storm.

When your other half mumbled something about Venice, did you mumble something back in the affect of can I ride there.
I'm sure there will be a k there waiting for him as he arrives.

2018 Kart upgrade.

Rick G

Rick G
admin
admin
You need a gondola to get around in Venice and bricks don't float.

And then he is so anxious about the future that he does not enjoy the present; the result being that he does not live in the present or the future; he lives as if he is never going to die, and then dies having never really lived."   Dalai Lama

Bikes 1999 K1100 LT with a Big Block 1200

Rockman

Life time member
Life time member
Looks like I'm out. Work commitments.

smithy

smithy
Life time member
Life time member
Ok, for those that are staying in accommodation in town and not camping at Riverdale, for Sunday ride day  we’ll all meet at the  Caltex roadhouse, corner of Falconer & New England Hwy for a leave time of 8.00am so be fuelled and ready. From Guyra we’ll travel to Ebor for a coffee break at fusspots, once refreshed we’ll continue on to the Orara valley via Tyrigham, Nymboida, and a quick stop to regroup at Coutts Crossing before making our way to Ulong for lunch at the Ex-services club   
After lunch we’ll travel back down to Coramba and along the Orara way into Coffs Harbour then on to Bellingen and Dorrigo via the Waterfall Way, with coffee break at Dorrigo before heading back to Guyra to fire up the BBQ and have a few ales.      

Is anything happening on the Saturday?
There's the spare room at our place if anyone needs it as well. 
I may have to tag along just to make sure no-one gets in trouble.

RicK G wrote:You need a gondola to get around in Venice and bricks don't float.
A ride through the Northern Tablelands 2014 - Page 3 Dan-2010

smithy

smithy
Life time member
Life time member
Saxon7 wrote:Is anything happening on the Saturday?

A welcome BBQ and few beers at Riverdale, best just a few beers! not  rolling drunk, as it's a big ride on Sunday!

charlie99

charlie99
VIP
VIP
leave permissions have been granted for the Monday  .....yippee !

so a leisurely ride back can be accommodated the day after ....sweet

'86 K100 RT..#0090401 ..."Gerty" ( Gertrude Von Clickandshift ) --------O%O
'86 k100 rs.. #######..  "Fred " (f(rame) red ) ( Fredrick leichtundschnell ) - -
bits and pieces from many kind friends across the k100 world ...with many thanks ..
1987 k100rs ########   "Red"  - (red sports rs TWB style )
1989 K100rt #009637   "Black Betty"  (naked rt ala Nigel , now sporting an rs main fairing )

werewasi

werewasi
Platinum member
Platinum member
Can anyone camp at Riverdale ?

K100RS  1983 and 1986 (bought a 2nd and put them both together in a dark garage thinking that i would get a heap of parts from the progeny but nothing happened- think they're gay)  Laughing Laughing Laughing

1985 K75, Guzzi V7 Special, 1986 GB500, 1974 T500, 1986 MB5 with the whoppa 100cc engine transplant, NC 700 SA Honda, two 1986 Kawasaki BR250s

smithy

smithy
Life time member
Life time member
werewasi wrote:Can anyone camp at Riverdale ?

Riverdale is our property,  and for the ride this year have made camping available here. So your welcome to come along and meet some of the K crew. Was going to get a bit of a camp fire happening, but with total fire bans here, looks like the gas bbq will get a workout.

Gaz

Gaz
Life time member
Life time member
Hey Smithy, last day of work for me is Monday 17 November so I can declare myself a starter. Will be on the trusty K75 as there are a couple of jobs to do on the K1100 and with the weather heating up the naked bike is probably a better choice anyway.

1 Craig & Kay
2 Andrew (Pegasus - Ipswich - K1100RS)
3 Charlie & Gerty ,,,( all going to plan )
4 RickG & Marg G (who needs a plan)
5 Ed 
6 Ainsjac (Stan)
7 Waz
8 Tom G
9 Phil
10 Warren C
11 rosskk(k)o

12 Gaz80

Looking forward to a run as I haven't been out since I got home from the Phillip Island run.

Cheers

charlie99

charlie99
VIP
VIP
pst just a whisper ...but  blakey might make this one also .
 how about you beano ?   paul ? alby ? dave ? or any other brisvegas - queensland folks,
 just over a week to go

just a reminder of the route

A ride through the Northern Tablelands 2014 - Page 3 New_en10

and it doesn't look like its going to be hard to do at all ...timewise ...

cheers you lot ...cant wait

'86 k100 rs.. #######..  "Fred " (f(rame) red ) ( Fredrick leichtundschnell ) - -
bits and pieces from many kind friends across the k100 world ...with many thanks ..
1989 K100rt #009637   "Black Betty"  (naked rt ala Nigel , now sporting an rs main fairing )

Stan

Stan
Life time member
Life time member
Unfortunately I am not going to make it...slight problem when 800kgs of cow does not wish to get onto a truck and decides to argue with me. Talk about throwing your weight around...result one battered and bruised K rider with a left foot which has been branded by a hoof. Maybe she was getting back at me for the numerous needles I have given in the last few months. At least I know where she will end up....no I am not a vegetarian. Enjoy thd weekend...will be thinking of you mad people.

charlie99

charlie99
VIP
VIP
dang stan sad to hear

get well soon mate    ,,,thinking of you

smithy

smithy
Life time member
Life time member
Sorry to hear Stan, always next time mate.
I hope you gave that cow some extra hits with the prodder on the way up the ramp.

rosskko

rosskko
VIP
VIP
Looks like I was trying to milk the same bull as Stan.

I was hopeful up to a day ago, but I also am not going to make it.

Impending family additions makes a weekend away difficult at the moment.

I will keep the storms and tempest down south with me.

I will be watching you all via my spies. Behave.

Or don't

Basic/2 6308802K100CJ  05/1988

K1100RS 0194321

TacKler

TacKler
Life time member
Life time member
I'm out.  Work commitments.  Sad 

My regards to Smithy for organising this years event. 

Enjoy.

Rick G

Rick G
admin
admin
ainsjac wrote:Unfortunately I am not going to make it...slight problem when 800kgs of cow does not wish to get onto a truck and decides to argue with me. Talk about throwing your weight around...result one battered and bruised K rider with a left foot which has been branded by a hoof. Maybe she was getting back at me for the numerous needles I have given in the last few months. At least I know where she will end up....no I am not a vegetarian. Enjoy the weekend...will be thinking of you mad people.
What a lotta Bull but not good news at all. I was thinking if it was the right foot you and Uli could team up but no such luck.

And then he is so anxious about the future that he does not enjoy the present; the result being that he does not live in the present or the future; he lives as if he is never going to die, and then dies having never really lived."   Dalai Lama

Stan

Stan
Life time member
Life time member
No it was not the bull...otherwise it would be bullshit. It was a cow and we were being kind and moving cattle to Baradine where they could have something to eat. The bull is still here and I never trust him to be in a confined area. My brother in law relates the story where the crush was being used with a bull in it to treat a cut. The crush was very old and not too secure...apparently the bull got very aggitated and  took off....wearing the crush. He proceeded to use trees to smash the crush. About 1.4 tonnes of bull versus 400kgs of steel cage....not sure how much bullshit.

indian036

indian036
Life time member
Life time member
ainsjac wrote:No it was not the bull...otherwise it would be bullshit. It was a cow and we were being kind and moving cattle to Baradine where they could have something to eat. The bull is still here and I never trust him to be in a confined area. My brother in law relates the story where the crush was being used with a bull in it to treat a cut. The crush was very old and not too secure...apparently the bull got very aggitated and  took off....wearing the crush. He proceeded to use trees to smash the crush. About 1.4 tonnes of bull versus 400kgs of steel cage....not sure how much bullshit.

Baradine - that brings back memories. Lived there as a kid in the late 60s and loved the life there. 

Bill

Ed

Ed
Life time member
Life time member
whoo hoo, starting to see some rain in sight for next weekend . excuse me for my excitement , at this time of year in Oz , rain is welcome , as it's starting to dry off a bit with these warm days. Also gives me an opportunity to prep the rain gear before heading south to Tassie.
anyway , looking forward to some great Guyra hospitality.

2018 Kart upgrade.

Pegasus

Pegasus
Silver member
Silver member
Which is the best route?
Travel all the way down the New England Hwy to Guyra and then follow the posted Bing map directions?
Or turn left off the New England Hwy at Glencoe (stop in at the Red Lion Inn) and come down the Mt. Mitchell Road?
Or alternately, turn left off the New England hwy at Tubbumurra Road?
I know there are some dirt sections on the alternative routes, but they looked pretty smooth on Google maps.
However, local knowledge is best!
I'd prefer a little rain to stinking hot (43 here today).

charlie99

charlie99
VIP
VIP
plan to head down Saturday morning

will be taking the New England route all the way to the Guyra township route

just for last minute supplies that might not travel well in the hot conditions around here at the moment ...or things we forgot

Guyra is a country township and is mostly closed after about 12 on a Saturday so might be a quick shop at glenn innes woolworths before proceeding ...thinking about it now

plan to call in a see seanii whilst there ..if only for a short while ...till we see him Saturday night -- sunday am ?

do you want to ride down with us ....ill post leave times as we get sorted ...thinking at this moment possibly heading through amberly
about 9.30 - 10 ish

smithy

smithy
Life time member
Life time member
Pegasus wrote:Which is the best route?
Travel all the way down the New England Hwy to Guyra and then follow the posted Bing map directions?
Or turn left off the New England Hwy at Glencoe (stop in at the Red Lion Inn) and come down the Mt. Mitchell Road?
Or alternately, turn left off the New England hwy at Tubbumurra Road?
I know there are some dirt sections on the alternative routes, but they looked pretty smooth on Google maps.
However, local knowledge is best!
I'd prefer a little rain to stinking hot (43 here today).

Hey Andrew, you can go via Tubbumurra rd only a few ks of dirt at the end of that rd, then turn left at Wards Mistake rd and your there.
Stinking hot here too, 29 degrees today.
Just a heads up for traveling along Wards Mistake rd, there's a big mob of over 300 weaner cattle grazing the long paddock at the moment.

Last edited by smithy on Sat Nov 15, 2014 3:55 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Added more)

131Back to top Go down   A ride through the Northern Tablelands 2014 - Page 3 Empty Long Paddock Sat Nov 15, 2014 7:38 pm

Ghost who rides

Ghost who rides
Life time member
Life time member
Smithy's quote
there's a big mob of over 300 weaner cattle grazing the long paddock at the moment.

Brings to mind a line from Banjo's Clancy of the overflow

And he sees the vision splendid of the sunlit plains extended,
And at night the wond'rous glory of the everlasting stars.

Which to me is one lovely description of Australia

Go well guys, have a great weekend

Ghost

Rick G

Rick G
admin
admin
Did you know Clancy wrote a reply to "Clancy of the Overflow"

TOM CLANCY’S  RIPOSTE TO BANJO PATERSON
T.G. Clancy (1897)
’Neath the star-spangled dome
Of my Austral home,
When watching by the camp fire's ruddy glow,
Oft in the flickering blaze
Is presented to my gaze
The sun-drenched kindly faces
Of the men of Overflow.

Now, though years have passed forever
Since I used, with best endeavour
Clip the fleeces of the jumbucks
Down the Lachlan years ago,
Still in memory linger traces
Of many cheerful faces,
And the well-remembered visage
Of the Bulletin's 'Banjo'.

Tired of life upon the stations,
With their wretched, scanty rations,
I took a sudden notion
That a droving I would go;
Then a roving fancy took me,
Which has never since forsook me,
And decided me to travel,
And leave the Overflow.
So with maiden ewes from Tubbo,
I passed en route to Dubbo,
And across the Lig'num country
'where the Barwon waters flow;
Thence onward o'er the Narran,
By scrubby belts of Yarran,
To where the landscape changes
And the cotton bushes grow.

And my path I've often wended
Over drought-scourged plains extended,
where phantom lakes and forests
Forever come and go;
And the stock in hundreds dying,
Along the road are lying,
To count among the 'pleasures'
That townsfolk never know.

Over arid plains extended
My route has often tended,
Droving cattle to the Darling,
Or along the Warrego;
Oft with nightly rest impeded,
when the cattle had stampeded,
Save I sworn that droving pleasures
For the future I'd forego.

So of drinking liquid mire
I eventually did tire,
And gave droving up forever
As a life that was too slow.
Now, gold digging, in a measure,
Affords much greater pleasure
To your obedient servant,
'Clancy of the Overflow'.

Ghost who rides

Ghost who rides
Life time member
Life time member
Yes Rick I did, and as can be seen did a great job for a drover although borrowing heavily from Banjo's style.

Must have been quite a guy!

Warren C

Warren C
Silver member
Silver member
Hi all re this excursion which is rapidly approaching - who from down this way is travelling up on Saturday morning that I can tag along with? Rosskkko, Ed, Waz youse blokes still up for this?

Waz

Waz
Life time member
Life time member
I am not sure yet Warren, I have three registered K's and nothing to ride, all three need work. I am crook as a dog for a week now, have not got the energy to put fork seals in. If I come good I will  get a day in the shed and get one going.

R1200GS
650 Vstrom

RT

RT
Life time member
Life time member
As you can tell from my sullen silence, I'm out of this one, again. Got my bike all prettied up, polished the pipes and painted the cases and can't get away. I hate recessions (and depressions).

Ed

Ed
Life time member
Life time member
hope to see you making good in the shed there Waz . shame to miss the opportunity to catch up with others though. 
Warren, I'll be heading up on Saturday. At this stage , Tom G is joining us for the trip up . If you can make it , how does a meeting at Beresfield BP sound?  Lunch at Roadies Cafe in Gloucester before heading up Thunderbolts Way to Guyra.

2018 Kart upgrade.

Warren C

Warren C
Silver member
Silver member
Hi Ed sounds like a plan - what time should we meet at Beresfield BP?

Ed

Ed
Life time member
Life time member
It's about a 4 1/2 hr run to Guyra from Beresfield , via Gloucester. If Tom is OK , how does 9am sound?

2018 Kart upgrade.

smithy

smithy
Life time member
Life time member
groverK wrote:whoo hoo, starting to see some rain in sight for next weekend . excuse me for my excitement , at this time of year in Oz , rain is welcome , as it's starting to dry off a bit with these warm days. Also gives me an opportunity to prep the rain gear before heading south to Tassie.
anyway , looking forward to some great Guyra hospitality.

With rosskko out, you'll  have to drag the rain along with you. It would be a welcome change to ride with rain in my face.

Tom G

Tom G
Life time member
Life time member
Hi Ed 9.oo am Sat morning at Beresfield sounds good.See you then.Cheers Tom

Warren C

Warren C
Silver member
Silver member
Yes 9am works for me as well - see you then!

werewasi

werewasi
Platinum member
Platinum member
Would like to join you guys this w/end and camp ar Riverdale on sat night.

Can I bring my mate along on his R80 ?

Is this the best way from north, without much dirt - 21.9 kms past Glencoe, left into Tubbamurra for 11.7kms, then left into Wards Mistake - then what?

Anyone know if there is a BWS at Glen Innes or somewhere on way down fr Tenterfield.

K100RS  1983 and 1986 (bought a 2nd and put them both together in a dark garage thinking that i would get a heap of parts from the progeny but nothing happened- think they're gay)  Laughing Laughing Laughing

1985 K75, Guzzi V7 Special, 1986 GB500, 1974 T500, 1986 MB5 with the whoppa 100cc engine transplant, NC 700 SA Honda, two 1986 Kawasaki BR250s

charlie99

charlie99
VIP
VIP
woollies have a bottle shop inside the store at glenn  turn right off the highway anywhere ,,,then left into the main street ...about 3/4 the way down heading south ...on the right

if your scared of the dirt ...travel to Guyra then left at the road to ebor ...first main intersection  there is .

well be leaving brissy about 8.30 am (9.30 nsw time ) so should be hitting the glenn about 1.30 - 2.00pm nsw time  pending bloody maccas stops for coffee etc

have fun

blakey that sound ok to you ?

Ed

Ed
Life time member
Life time member
sounds like a 9.00am gathering at Beresfield BP is a goer, possibly 4 K's at this stage. Tom ,Warren C, Ed, Indian ?.
Smithy, it's been trying damn hard to precipitate here over the last couple of days, if we can bring it , we will.
we can't let the Kweenslanders beat us , still need some extras for the northbound troupe. Gaz , Waz any thoughts?

2018 Kart upgrade.

146Back to top Go down   A ride through the Northern Tablelands 2014 - Page 3 Empty Guyra ride. Wed Nov 19, 2014 5:32 am

Pegasus

Pegasus
Silver member
Silver member
charlie99 wrote:plan to head down Saturday morning

will be taking the New England route all the way to the Guyra township route

just for last minute supplies that might not travel well in the hot conditions around here at the moment ...or things we forgot

Guyra is a country township and is mostly closed after about 12 on a Saturday so might be a quick shop at glenn innes woolworths before proceeding ...thinking about it now

plan to call in a see seanii whilst there ..if only for a short while ...till we see him Saturday night -- sunday am ?

do you want to ride down with us ....ill post leave times as we get sorted ...thinking at this moment possibly heading through amberly
about 9.30 - 10 ish
Thanks for the kind offer Charlie, but my leave pass has been withdrawn due to family issues.

smithy

smithy
Life time member
Life time member
Ok the weekend is nearly here, and I'm looking forward to catching up with everyone again and having a top ride on Sunday. For everyone that's riding here on Saturday ride well.
Hey Ed well done on gathering the guys together for the ride up , let's hope Waz  has recovered from the lurgy.
For the new forum members and members I haven't met that are making the trip, I'm sure you'll have a good social time and be welcomed by the  K crew.
I will stress, Riverdale is my home and camping will be around the house yard close to facilities.
For anyone coming along that I don't know, I am easy to get along with, but do have a few rules when camping at my place, so please don't take offence.
First rule, this is not an excuse for a total piss up, so if your coming along to get blind drunk and annoy people, then stay home.
Second rule ( Drugs ) That's right, I have zero tolerance. Do not light up or take drugs here, or you will see the darker side of me.
don't get me wrong, I like a drink like most and will be looking forward to a few ales and catching up  old mates , and meeting new like minded K riders.

Last edited by smithy on Wed Nov 19, 2014 6:42 am; edited 1 time in total

smithy

smithy
Life time member
Life time member
werewasi wrote:Would like to join you guys this w/end and camp ar Riverdale on sat night.

Can I bring my mate along on his R80 ?

Is this the best way from north, without much dirt - 21.9 kms past Glencoe, left into Tubbamurra for 11.7kms, then left into Wards Mistake - then what?

Anyone know if there is a BWS at Glen Innes or somewhere on way down fr Tenterfield.
Yeah , that's the quickest route from the north, and I suppose we can tolerate an R series tagging along!

Gaz

Gaz
Life time member
Life time member
I've been in contact with Waz and he's not well enough to make the trip.

Ed, since I've been up Thunderbolts many times I'm giving that route a miss and have mapped out a few back roads that I haven't ventured on before in to the east of Scone and up through Nundle. Some might be gravel - don't know yet.

I'm leaving Saturday morning as well. Look forward to catching up along the New England Hwy somewhere or at Smithy's place.

Cheers

Ed

Ed
Life time member
Life time member
smithy wrote:Ok the weekend is nearly here, and I'm looking forward to catching up with everyone again and having a top ride on Sunday. For everyone that's riding here on Saturday ride well.
Hey Ed well done on gathering the guys together for the ride up , let's hope Waz  has recovered from the lurgy.
For the new forum members and members I haven't met that are making the trip, I'm sure you'll have a good social time and be welcomed by the  K crew
looking forward to a great social weekend away ,  I'm sure any newbies to this area will be treated to a top ride.
good to hear Gaz will be searching out new tracks , pics please .
weather will be planning my route along the way. there is a top swimming spot just 20mins north of gloucester, at Bretti reserve. if it gets unbearably hot , as K's do , especially fully faired ones, I may be convinced to stop in for a brief refresher.

Bretti Reserve, as viewed from the main road ( Thunderbolts Way)
A ride through the Northern Tablelands 2014 - Page 3 11210

indian036

indian036
Life time member
Life time member
Took a while to be sure, with consideration of whats on round home and hoping all goes well with the bike.

I've also been in contact with smithy & groverK for some info for this bike gathering newby. Thanks, guys.

I'll be joining the group at Beresfield BP at 9am saturday. Looking forward to the weekend.

Cheers,

Bill

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum