BMW K bikes (Bricks)

You are not connected. Please login or register

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 4 of 4]

151Back to top Go down   Time for a tidy up. - Page 4 Empty Re: Time for a tidy up. Sun Oct 21, 2012 7:50 am

The Narva ones look fine to me. Proper east German quality. Is that what I should be looking at, Charlie?
Sean. Knickers firmly in place.

152Back to top Go down   Time for a tidy up. - Page 4 Empty Re: Time for a tidy up. Sun Oct 21, 2012 7:57 am

charlie99

charlie99
VIP
VIP
what i had in mind was a deep reflector ....and or shaded globe (cover over direct globe light ) seanii

there are a couple listed it apears ...would like to see them first though

the reason for the pencil beam is that the flood lamp types are useless for distance light work ...great for lighting up the garage ...but thats about it ..i imagine that out in the country every little bit out up the road is worth spending money on rather that highlighting weeds along the roadside ..

yeah narva looks to have a couple eh ! ill try and get to a good distributor to check them out .

but probablly heading to longreach this week ....exact flights not known yet ...so i might get a couple of days looking

note ...hate narva standard replacement globes ...they suck ...have had to replace rear taillight 3 times in less than 2 years ...wtf ? problem is its hard to find auslux globes these days ....lasts years and years ..its to do with the low standard gass in the globe .

thanks for the link rick ....would really like to check out those others too toto ...cheers guys !

Last edited by charlie99 on Sun Oct 21, 2012 8:13 am; edited 1 time in total

'86 K100 RT..#0090401 ..."Gerty" ( Gertrude Von Clickandshift ) --------O%O
'86 k100 rs.. #######..  "Fred " (f(rame) red ) ( Fredrick leichtundschnell ) - -
bits and pieces from many kind friends across the k100 world ...with many thanks ..
1987 k100rs ########   "Red"  - (red sports rs TWB style )
1989 K100rt #009637   "Black Betty"  (naked rt ala Nigel , now sporting an rs main fairing )

153Back to top Go down   Time for a tidy up. - Page 4 Empty Re: Time for a tidy up. Sun Oct 21, 2012 8:02 am

Halo

Halo
Life time member
Life time member
Well done guys the lights look really good some may say they look
de light full

154Back to top Go down   Time for a tidy up. - Page 4 Empty Re: Time for a tidy up. Sun Oct 21, 2012 8:04 am

You're right about the beams of course. Actually around here I don't do a lot of night work...too many skippies, but would be nice to have a good set up for trips away. No hurry with it though!
Have fun in Longreach. Not a bad town I think.

155Back to top Go down   Time for a tidy up. - Page 4 Empty Re: Time for a tidy up. Mon Oct 22, 2012 6:40 am

col

col
Life time member
Life time member
i have got 80mm compact narva oval driving lights on the enterprise and they work fine $110

use them when comming home from sydney at night have both of them angled to each side of the road so hopefully i will see skip before he trys to kill us both

oncomming cars dont like it if you are slow on the dipping but i can live with that

156Back to top Go down   Time for a tidy up. - Page 4 Empty Re: Time for a tidy up. Tue Oct 23, 2012 8:28 am

caferacer62

caferacer62
Life time member
Life time member
Have decided to see if i can make myself a smallish screen.
Just to ease the wind resistance on long rides. I'm too mean to pay $130 - 190 for a brand name one.
Made myself a mould outa ally today at work. I had some offcuts of rolled box section left over and put some 1.6mm ally sheet over the top. I've got a small piece of acrylic to use. Going to warm the plastic whilst on the mould. Should be about 300mm x 400mm high.Then make some brackets to mount it.
Going to make it removable for short runs etc.
Will put up some pics as i progresd or fail whichever the case maybe.

Don't give in to the Black Dog!
"A Zorst, a zorst my kingdom for a Zorst"

Time for a tidy up. - Page 4 170874

157Back to top Go down   Time for a tidy up. - Page 4 Empty Re: Time for a tidy up. Tue Oct 23, 2012 1:39 pm

BadjerJim

BadjerJim
Silver member
Silver member
RT wrote:There's always a spoiler in the crowd. I did my engine with satin black heat paint, looks great, not a sgood as yours. The downside is there is no way you can tell if any oil is escaping until it drips, you look down whilst riding and think, geez that crankcase cover looks wet, hope I haven't blown anything.
But you are doing a great job
RT

Pro Tip: Need to find an oil leak on a black engine? At the pharmacy, pick up a can of talcum-powder-based foot spray. Like for athlete's foot. It sprays a white powder onto your feet.

Wipe down the engine. Spray the suspect area. Go for a ride. The exact spot of the oil leak will be very clear, seeping through the white.

158Back to top Go down   Time for a tidy up. - Page 4 Empty Re: Time for a tidy up. Fri Oct 26, 2012 8:31 am

caferacer62

caferacer62
Life time member
Life time member
Good tip badjer.
Well got a piece of 3mm polycarbonate today for the screen. Had a small oops with molding it but it will do the job.
Not as easy to work with as acrylic but is tougher for the use i intend.
Didnt curve as well as i hoped but the curved alloy brackets i'm making will hold in the shape i want.
I will put up some pics over the weekend. Your supposed to heat polycarbonate to 120c for 3 hours to dry the water out of it. Then heat to approx 200c to form it. It wouldn't fit in our oven so i used the heat gun. Didnt curve as even that way but it will be ok i think.

Time for a tidy up. - Page 4 20121010

Here it is sitting on the mold, sitting on the bbq. It wont work you say and yes your right it didn't.

So i turned the mold over and clamped it down with a bit of wood and heated it with the heat gun. Sorta worked.

Time for a tidy up. - Page 4 20121011

Here it is on the bike, made some curved brackets out of aluminium. 25 x 6 for the inside and 25 x 3 for the outside and some straps down to the headlight bolts.

Time for a tidy up. - Page 4 20121012

The sticker is hiding the burnt patch from the oops with trying to heat it on the bbq.

Looks like it might work ok though.

159Back to top Go down   Time for a tidy up. - Page 4 Empty Re: Time for a tidy up. Thu Nov 01, 2012 7:24 am

caferacer62

caferacer62
Life time member
Life time member
Built my screen last weekend (see pics above) for this weekend. Hope to get to try it out on a trip soon. Maybe a trip to Albys to check out that sidecar thingo. I'm startin to get curious about them now.

160Back to top Go down   Time for a tidy up. - Page 4 Empty Re: Time for a tidy up. Thu Nov 01, 2012 7:37 am

That looks good!
You're clearly a handy bloke up there, Bert 2.0.

161Back to top Go down   Time for a tidy up. - Page 4 Empty Re: Time for a tidy up. Thu Nov 01, 2012 7:52 am

Rick G

Rick G
admin
admin
caferacer62 wrote:I'm startin to get curious about them now.

UhhOh not you too. I will only have one when I can register a kneeler outfit and who is crazy enough to come riding with me affraid Time for a tidy up. - Page 4 8157

And then he is so anxious about the future that he does not enjoy the present; the result being that he does not live in the present or the future; he lives as if he is never going to die, and then dies having never really lived."   Dalai Lama

Bikes 1999 K1100 LT with a Big Block 1200

162Back to top Go down   Time for a tidy up. - Page 4 Empty Re: Time for a tidy up. Thu Nov 01, 2012 7:58 am

caferacer62

caferacer62
Life time member
Life time member
Mate when do we start I'm game. Woohoo swinging off the side of K1100 slider.
Wonder how we could get that registere?

163Back to top Go down   Time for a tidy up. - Page 4 Empty Re: Time for a tidy up. Thu Nov 01, 2012 4:02 pm

sidecar paul

sidecar paul
Life time member
Life time member
caferacer62 wrote:
Wonder how we could get that registere?

Move to UK lol!

164Back to top Go down   Time for a tidy up. - Page 4 Empty Re: Time for a tidy up. Thu Nov 01, 2012 4:45 pm

Crazy Frog

Crazy Frog
admin
admin
Rick G wrote: UhhOh not you too. I will only have one when I can register a kneeler outfit and who is crazy enough to come riding with me affraid

I am in too! I am already called crazy!
Let me patch my jacket shoulder and knee pants with rivets and let's go scrapping the asphalt.
Crazy Frog crazy monkey

Here is what you could register and it's very close to a kneeler
Time for a tidy up. - Page 4 Sp-domani-4

Last edited by Crazy Frog on Thu Nov 01, 2012 7:58 pm; edited 1 time in total

165Back to top Go down   Time for a tidy up. - Page 4 Empty Re: Time for a tidy up. Thu Nov 01, 2012 7:28 pm

Toto_jp

Platinum member
Platinum member
when you building the kneeler Rick ?? I'll come with ya should have all my pipes out by then Smile

166Back to top Go down   Time for a tidy up. - Page 4 Empty Re: Time for a tidy up. Thu Nov 01, 2012 9:13 pm

Halo

Halo
Life time member
Life time member
Nice work on the screen caferacer

Halo

167Back to top Go down   Time for a tidy up. - Page 4 Empty Re: Time for a tidy up. Thu Nov 01, 2012 10:18 pm

Rick G

Rick G
admin
admin
Toto_jp wrote:when you building the kneeler Rick ?? I'll come with ya should have all my pipes out by then Smile
The speed at which I work now days Tony you should well and truely clear by finishing time considering what I already have to do.
Every time I roll the Z1300 out to start the restoration something else drops its bundle and I have to put it aside.

And then he is so anxious about the future that he does not enjoy the present; the result being that he does not live in the present or the future; he lives as if he is never going to die, and then dies having never really lived."   Dalai Lama

168Back to top Go down   Time for a tidy up. - Page 4 Empty Re: Time for a tidy up. Fri Nov 02, 2012 8:32 am

caferacer62

caferacer62
Life time member
Life time member
So thats how we can get CF over to OZ. Build a crazy sidecar/slider outfit. Great pic CF i like it.

Thanks Halo not bad for a first go i spose. After using this 3mm polycarb, you could in theory replace a standard screen with it. If you didnt want the lip at the top that is. This stuff is very fexible and would easily bolt onto the fairing and curve nicely.

Hey Rick speedy work habits are not always the best. I often paint myself into a corner thru my own haste.
Picked up some stainless bends this arvo from my old boss. Freebys too, the shorty sporty zorst gets closer.

169Back to top Go down   Time for a tidy up. - Page 4 Empty Re: Time for a tidy up. Fri Nov 02, 2012 5:21 pm

Crazy Frog

Crazy Frog
admin
admin
caferacer62 wrote:So thats how we can get CF over to OZ. Build a crazy sidecar/slider outfit. Great pic CF i like it.

This is not me, but it was my style of chair riding 35 years ago. Now, I was thinking that I am wiser but already lifted the 300 lbs chair twice (at over 100km/h). The difference between 35 years ago and now is that twice, I got brown spots in my undies Embarassed .
This is what happen when you go to ride with friends on Solo bikes. You want to keep up but this is not possible (unless you have an experienced monkey on the chair(not in) - And a good monkey is never static). Should I say good on you Nicole? you won't have to go to the gym to stay in shape. Time for a tidy up. - Page 4 44271

CF

170Back to top Go down   Time for a tidy up. - Page 4 Empty Re: Time for a tidy up. Sat Nov 03, 2012 10:49 pm

caferacer62

caferacer62
Life time member
Life time member
Thats why whenever I go riding with the others and I think its going to be spirited type riding I always wear the brown undies.Shocked

Good to see your still riding like you were 30 years ago CF, age is a state of mind. Still cant figure out who the old geezer is looking back at me in the mirror every morning.

So I thought I would cut up one of the zorsts that saxon sent as extras, one was quite rotted near the mount bracket and someone had already cut the end off. So I thought i would use it as a donor for my shorty sporty trial. Not everyones cup of tea I know, but thought it would be fun.

Also went and saw one of my old bosses that owns a tube and pipe bending business to see if i could scrounge some stainless bends. Very cool I got some 2" bends and some 1 1/2 " tube too. He's going to keep some more aside for me in exchange for a carton of beer. Gotta love scrounging for stuff.

Here are some pics of the zorst at the very front where the tubes come into the chamber.

Time for a tidy up. - Page 4 20121110

Time for a tidy up. - Page 4 20121111

You can see how they get the extra length in the shorter headers by running up inside the exhaust. Going to cut the tubes back a little as it wont effect things too much. I can only cut the body before the top mount back so far due to the bit where the side/centre stand rest. Then going to do some baffles inside that bit and put 4 x 2" bends straight out the end facing down and out at a 45 degree angle so as to not transfer too much heat upwards.

Will post some more pics as I go. Also had a phone call from the boys in Bingara yesterday arvo. Spoke to Saxon, Col and Charlie, they were in very high spirits and Col has put his order in for a zorst. And that was before any refreshments had started, they were doing tuning in the carpark of the pub. What a sight that would have been.

171Back to top Go down   Time for a tidy up. - Page 4 Empty Re: Time for a tidy up. Tue Nov 06, 2012 3:46 am

caferacer62

caferacer62
Life time member
Life time member
The custom shorty nears completion.

Time for a tidy up. - Page 4 20121112

Time for a tidy up. - Page 4 20121113

Baffles in place.

Time for a tidy up. - Page 4 20121114

Time for a tidy up. - Page 4 20121115

Time for a tidy up. - Page 4 20121116

Its a weee bit shorter than stock, is only prototype yet so a bit rough around the edges. Might still need more baffles yet. Still to weld up seams and test fit.

172Back to top Go down   Time for a tidy up. - Page 4 Empty Re: Time for a tidy up. Tue Nov 06, 2012 5:40 am

Albyalbatross1

Albyalbatross1
Life time member
Life time member
Crazy Frog wrote:
caferacer62 wrote:So thats how we can get CF over to OZ. Build a crazy sidecar/slider outfit. Great pic CF i like it.

You want to keep up but this is not possible (unless you have an experienced monkey on the chair(not in) - And a good monkey is never static). Should I say good on you Nicole? you won't have to go to the gym to stay in shape. Time for a tidy up. - Page 4 44271

CF

Nicole says ... Time for a tidy up. - Page 4 214585!!!!

173Back to top Go down   Time for a tidy up. - Page 4 Empty Re: Time for a tidy up. Wed Nov 21, 2012 6:50 am

caferacer62

caferacer62
Life time member
Life time member
Doin some more fiddlin with shorty pipe lately. Initial test was fail, sounded like stock car. So built fibreglass packed muffler into front part of pipe. Tested but still toooo loud. So i have put a baffle into the muffler. Still to test. Will put up some more pics soon.

Just thought of doing this for bit of fun. Never built a muffler quite this short before.

174Back to top Go down   Time for a tidy up. - Page 4 Empty Re: Time for a tidy up. Wed Nov 21, 2012 6:57 am

Back when Men were Men and sheep were quite jumpy, books like Phil Irving's Tuning for Speed used to make megaphone muffles at a fair length, then just go out, thrash the bike and do plug chops and then just keep cutting lengths off the pipe until they felt they had the optimum length and breathing capacity with back pressure. Time for a tidy up. - Page 4 652573

175Back to top Go down   Time for a tidy up. - Page 4 Empty Re: Time for a tidy up. Wed Nov 21, 2012 7:18 am

caferacer62

caferacer62
Life time member
Life time member
Round my parts men are still men and sheep always look like they are up to no good to me.
Backpressure not as important as pulse width and length. Bit like soundwaves really. Thats where length and baffles etc come into play. Thats why extractors are better than cast manifolds as they cause a scavenging pulse that helps draw gases out of the combustion chamber.
Learnt all this and more from boffin engineer mate who consults for power stations on flow dynamics etc. He also still races bikes at 70. Rides his blackbird like a maniac. Geez i talk some crap dont i.

176Back to top Go down   Time for a tidy up. - Page 4 Empty Re: Time for a tidy up. Wed Nov 21, 2012 7:34 am

Rick G

Rick G
admin
admin
I say nuthhhing.

177Back to top Go down   Time for a tidy up. - Page 4 Empty Re: Time for a tidy up. Wed Nov 21, 2012 1:16 pm

charlie99

charlie99
VIP
VIP
Time for a tidy up. - Page 4 44271 its all fun bert ....and all the more fun for trying

'86 k100 rs.. #######..  "Fred " (f(rame) red ) ( Fredrick leichtundschnell ) - -
bits and pieces from many kind friends across the k100 world ...with many thanks ..
1989 K100rt #009637   "Black Betty"  (naked rt ala Nigel , now sporting an rs main fairing )

178Back to top Go down   Time for a tidy up. - Page 4 Empty Re: Time for a tidy up. Thu Nov 22, 2012 6:17 am

K75cster

K75cster
Life time member
Life time member
That looks excelent and from what you are saying loud, I on the other hand would wonder out loud what would happen if the four pipes exited at the back of the stock muffler, you know four individually muffles pipes in the stock casing right to the end, would that be easier to diagnose the fuel air ratio of each pipe?? I mean you would have to snorkle each pipe the do the co thing but a four into four so to speak, might be noteworthy? (pun intended) chuckle

The Clever are adept at extricating themselves from situations that the wise would have avoided from the outset - QUOTE from david Hillel in Out of the Earth.

179Back to top Go down   Time for a tidy up. - Page 4 Empty Re: Time for a tidy up. Mon Nov 26, 2012 5:37 am

caferacer62

caferacer62
Life time member
Life time member
Nice idea k75, i think that will be my next one. I think it could be made to look almost stock too.

180Back to top Go down   Time for a tidy up. - Page 4 Empty Re: Time for a tidy up. Mon Dec 17, 2012 3:41 am

caferacer62

caferacer62
Life time member
Life time member
Last time i was up at Alby's he was very kind and lent me his carbtune doodah thingo.

Managed to get all T/B's at the same level but slightly higher than he suggested was ideal. I think i may check valve clearances next.

However I have noticed a couple of things since doing this. One is that there is not so much barking from the zorst now and two is that it sure does have some neddy's now. Gave it a squirt coming out of corner last week and it gave a bit of a slip from the rear. I put this down to damp road as I wasn't pushing it.

But this afternoon on my way home from work I gave it a fair twist of the throttle coming out of a roundabout and it hung the rear wheel out. Woohoo I'm gettin to like this. All the mods are coming together now, more air in and more air out and a bit more fuel pressure sure makes it lively.

Just need to save up now for a set of Oldracer55 cams and a fuel control unit and we'll be makin some serious noises.

Thanks Alby for the help with the tune, its definately worth it. Down side is fuel consumption still sucks 16 litres for 250 klms

181Back to top Go down   Time for a tidy up. - Page 4 Empty Re: Time for a tidy up. Mon Dec 17, 2012 4:06 am

charlie99

charlie99
VIP
VIP
wooohoo ...nice work bert ....enjoy !

hey, you'll have to give it a good squirt on the way up to drake ....in the not too distant future huh ?

i think 22mg of vacume, we found was ideal ...well for old gerty at least ....must do it again as i have done some non measured adjusting since . but havent seen that much vacuume since, on all the other bikes at bingara . close but no winners .

182Back to top Go down   Time for a tidy up. - Page 4 Empty Re: Time for a tidy up. Mon Dec 17, 2012 4:37 am

caferacer62

caferacer62
Life time member
Life time member
Ok, I had thought Alby had said about 16. I must have mis heard that vital bit of info. I got it to between 18 and 20 is where it seemed to balance best.

Yeah am looking forward to Drake ride. When do you start your holidays. Maybe you could pop around before Drake ride and we could tune yours too. I finish tomorrow for 2 1/2 weeks, your always welcome mate.

183Back to top Go down   Time for a tidy up. - Page 4 Empty Re: Time for a tidy up. Mon Dec 17, 2012 4:52 am

charlie99

charlie99
VIP
VIP
oh ! lucky fella ....21st is my last official day ...with three weeks off after ...

my six jobs left to do has turned to nine now ....doncha love it !

184Back to top Go down   Time for a tidy up. - Page 4 Empty Re: Time for a tidy up. Fri Feb 08, 2013 4:48 am

Erman

Erman
Gold member
Gold member
Hey Charlie,

Maybe this is a bit too late, but did you measure the total length of the baffles?
I was thinking about doing some DIY-ing on the exhaust, but I don't want to cut up the old muffler...

1984 BMW K1000RS

1984 Yamaha XJ750 Seca

185Back to top Go down   Time for a tidy up. - Page 4 Empty Re: Time for a tidy up. Sun Feb 10, 2013 1:23 am

caferacer62

caferacer62
Life time member
Life time member
Hi Erman basically the baffles are pretty much the entire length of the main body of the muffler, starts about 50mm from weld near stand keeper and goes right to weld at end cap. Hope this helps.
As posted in Buy and Sell section, my K is now up for sale.
The shorty muffler sounds nice now that I have it sorted but it wont be going with the bike( unless they really want it). So if anybody is interested give me a yell.

186Back to top Go down   Time for a tidy up. - Page 4 Empty Re: Time for a tidy up. Sun Feb 10, 2013 1:49 am

Ed

Ed
Life time member
Life time member
caferacer62 wrote:
The shorty muffler sounds nice now that I have it sorted but it wont be going with the bike( unless they really want it). So if anybody is interested give me a yell.

do you have a pic?
Is it compliant with standards?

1993 K1100RS  0194321         Colour #690 Silk Blue  aka " Smurfette"
2018 Kart upgrade.
Time for a tidy up. - Page 4 10_x_110

187Back to top Go down   Time for a tidy up. - Page 4 Empty Re: Time for a tidy up. Sun Feb 10, 2013 2:05 am

caferacer62

caferacer62
Life time member
Life time member
I will post up a pic asap.
As for compliant do you mean noise wise? Its not louder than my muffler that I'm currently using. I have no trouble with being pulled up for excess noise.

188Back to top Go down   Time for a tidy up. - Page 4 Empty Re: Time for a tidy up. Sun Feb 10, 2013 2:42 am

Ed

Ed
Life time member
Life time member
good to hear. as my wife recently encountered a group of her fellow riders ( 5 out of 6 ) with mods,on a ride together being given yellow tickets for infringements, nasty affair.

2018 Kart upgrade.

189Back to top Go down   Time for a tidy up. - Page 4 Empty Re: Time for a tidy up. Sun Feb 10, 2013 2:47 am

klompy the grey brick

klompy the grey brick
VIP
VIP
charlie99 wrote:

i think 22mg of vacume, we found was ideal ...well for old gerty at least ....must do it again as i have done some non measured adjusting since . but havent seen that much vacuume since, on all the other bikes at bingara . close but no winners .
Hey Rossco what did we get on Saturday?...

Chassis number0019026
Vehicle code0503
SeriesK589
ModelK 100 RS 83 (0502 ( 0503 )
Body typeK 100 RS 83 (0502
Catalog modelECE
Production date1984 / 07
Engine0513)

Time for a tidy up. - Page 4 Au-log10

190Back to top Go down   Time for a tidy up. - Page 4 Empty Re: Time for a tidy up. Sun Feb 10, 2013 3:01 am

Ed

Ed
Life time member
Life time member
please don't get me wrong, I'm definitely not the "FUN POLICE", just a bit cautious in my way of thinking.
have fun guys Very Happy

2018 Kart upgrade.

191Back to top Go down   Time for a tidy up. - Page 4 Empty Re: Time for a tidy up. Sun Feb 10, 2013 3:04 am

rosskko

rosskko
VIP
VIP
Klompy the grey brick wrote:
charlie99 wrote:

Basic/2 6308802K100CJ  05/1988

K1100RS 0194321

192Back to top Go down   Time for a tidy up. - Page 4 Empty Re: Time for a tidy up. Sun Feb 10, 2013 5:19 am

caferacer62

caferacer62
Life time member
Life time member
groverK wrote:please don't get me wrong, I'm definitely not the "FUN POLICE", just a bit cautious in my way of thinking.
have fun guys Very Happy
Didn't think you were the Fun Police Grover, there are plenty out there doing that. I couldn't agree more though, there is no need to attract undue attention to oneself.
Makes you wonder what drew the fun police's attention in the first place, the way some fellow riders behave still amazes me and its not always the young guns.

Yep Rossco I think thats what I got. Makes such a difference when its all balanced.

193Back to top Go down   Time for a tidy up. - Page 4 Empty Re: Time for a tidy up. Sun Feb 10, 2013 4:43 pm

charlie99

charlie99
VIP
VIP
rossco wrote:
Klompy the grey brick wrote:
charlie99 wrote:

cool.... good result guys

yay !

194Back to top Go down   Time for a tidy up. - Page 4 Empty Re: Time for a tidy up. Sat Feb 16, 2013 2:52 am

caferacer62

caferacer62
Life time member
Life time member
Well a sad day today as Boris was loaded onto the trailer and went to his new owner(see details in buy and sell)
I will miss him though, a loyal and reliable friend that was always ready for to blow away the cobwebs of everyday humdrum.
I swapped him for a Toyota landcruiser, just the thing for dragging the stuff home for the renovations.
Here is a pic of my new mate Maximus Landcruiserus.
Time for a tidy up. - Page 4 Pic_210
Large and imposing brute that he is I am sure he will give good service whilst in my care.
But there is still another K project in the wings, but it wont be for a while. Going to be interesting I hope.
Cheers

195Back to top Go down   Time for a tidy up. - Page 4 Empty Re: Time for a tidy up. Sat Feb 16, 2013 3:06 am

Albyalbatross1

Albyalbatross1
Life time member
Life time member
Oh Man that is Sad...I thinks Maximus will make a good rescue vehicle for those homeless K bikes that keep turning up!!!

196Back to top Go down   Time for a tidy up. - Page 4 Empty Re: Time for a tidy up. Sat Feb 16, 2013 3:17 am

klompy the grey brick

klompy the grey brick
VIP
VIP
caferacer62 wrote:Well a sad day today as Boris was loaded onto the trailer and went to his new owner(see details in buy and sell)
I will miss him though, a loyal and reliable friend that was always ready for to blow away the cobwebs of everyday humdrum.
I swapped him for a Toyota landcruiser, just the thing for dragging the stuff home for the renovations.
Here is a pic of my new mate Maximus Landcruiserus.
Time for a tidy up. - Page 4 Pic_210
Going to be interesting I hope.
Cheers
So how long before this little beastie is black and gold with modified induction?....oh have we started already?

Chassis number0019026
Vehicle code0503
SeriesK589
Catalog modelECE
Production date1984 / 07
Engine0513)

197Back to top Go down   Time for a tidy up. - Page 4 Empty Re: Time for a tidy up. Sat Feb 16, 2013 4:06 am

caferacer62

caferacer62
Life time member
Life time member
Nope just a tidy up for this one, but cant guarantee that. Gotta put your own stamp on these things hey.
Dont think Bunnings has enough spray cans for a project this large Razz

198Back to top Go down   Time for a tidy up. - Page 4 Empty Re: Time for a tidy up. Sat Feb 16, 2013 4:57 am

Ed

Ed
Life time member
Life time member
have you got a spare sidecover to hang over that cruiser label, be nice to come out in the mornings to greet BMW maKsimus .

Time for a tidy up. - Page 4 Cafera10

just thought I'd help with some design concepts, hope this helps...........he, he!

Last edited by groverK on Sat Feb 16, 2013 6:00 pm; edited 2 times in total

2018 Kart upgrade.

199Back to top Go down   Time for a tidy up. - Page 4 Empty Re: Time for a tidy up. Sat Feb 16, 2013 5:21 am

Albyalbatross1

Albyalbatross1
Life time member
Life time member
Something in BRASS perhaps??

200Back to top Go down   Time for a tidy up. - Page 4 Empty Re: Time for a tidy up. Sat Feb 16, 2013 6:34 am

klompy the grey brick

klompy the grey brick
VIP
VIP
I see you have removed the fairing (bullbar) and topbox (roof rack) see the comparisons are there....I take it the surprised individual on your bike was not you then.....bet he is still wondering why he was being snapped....

Chassis number0019026
Vehicle code0503
SeriesK589
Catalog modelECE
Production date1984 / 07
Engine0513)

201Back to top Go down   Time for a tidy up. - Page 4 Empty Re: Time for a tidy up. Mon May 27, 2013 6:08 am

charlie99

charlie99
VIP
VIP
onya bert .....i got lost there for a bit

happy day ol mate

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum