BMW K bikes (Bricks)

You are not connected. Please login or register

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

51Back to top Go down   1 hole Vs 4 hole injectors - Page 2 Empty Re: 1 hole Vs 4 hole injectors Fri Apr 01, 2016 9:00 am

charlie99

VIP
VIP
about 3 bar mate (vacuum hose disconnected ---which gave it about 2.5 - 2.7 bar with vacuum pulsing at idle ) ...the spray pattern on these injectors seams to benefit the slight extra pressure

note I retracted the afm springing back to 1 click down from standard ,( could have left it at 2 clicks down in spring tension but felt that economy would suffer greatly )  ...and relocated the wiper to achieve 1.16 volts on closed throttle  instead of the 1.68 or something that I read as static settings before I started on this particular afm . thats from memory .

which kinda comes into line with the link I found for some measured standards ...that could have been from a much younger and unmolested  afm - bike

52Back to top Go down   1 hole Vs 4 hole injectors - Page 2 Empty Re: 1 hole Vs 4 hole injectors Fri Apr 01, 2016 8:41 pm

K75cster

K75cster
Life time member
Life time member
The 208 showed it delivered 133cc/min @ 36.25psi and then 144cc/min at 43.something psi which was 2.5bar and 2.7bar that being basically equal to the 210 delivery so I had expected it to marry up the same.
I think to ensure economy when doing an upgrade the psi and delivery would dictate the ability to have a decent spray pattern yet also it then becomes part and parcel to have the AFM also tweaked in concert with the change in injector.
We would benefit from two tables in that case one with the injector and one with the readings of the AFM and the plug chop observations too I guess.

The Clever are adept at extricating themselves from situations that the wise would have avoided from the outset - QUOTE from david Hillel in Out of the Earth.

53Back to top Go down   1 hole Vs 4 hole injectors - Page 2 Empty Re: 1 hole Vs 4 hole injectors Fri Apr 01, 2016 9:49 pm

Rick G

Rick G
admin
admin
According to the info I have a 208 delivers 133cc/min at 44psi (3 bar) and a 210 delivers 133 at 36.5 psi. (2.5 bar)

And then he is so anxious about the future that he does not enjoy the present; the result being that he does not live in the present or the future; he lives as if he is never going to die, and then dies having never really lived."   Dalai Lama

Bikes 1999 K1100 LT with a Big Block 1200

54Back to top Go down   1 hole Vs 4 hole injectors - Page 2 Empty Re: 1 hole Vs 4 hole injectors Sat Apr 02, 2016 5:21 am

K75cster

K75cster
Life time member
Life time member
I used the rc eng site and then found fuelinjector.citymaker.com site and took it from there, its a bugger when they don't match, the site I read gave two values for the 208, one at 36psi and one at 43 and they were 133 and 144. OK so its a no show form that site.

The Clever are adept at extricating themselves from situations that the wise would have avoided from the outset - QUOTE from david Hillel in Out of the Earth.

55Back to top Go down   1 hole Vs 4 hole injectors - Page 2 Empty Re: 1 hole Vs 4 hole injectors Sat Apr 02, 2016 6:32 am

Rick G

Rick G
admin
admin
Recently all the makers got together and decided to quote Flow on injectors would be quoted at 3 bar so there is a trap there for the unwary. Not that this was the situation here but just thought I should throw it in.

And then he is so anxious about the future that he does not enjoy the present; the result being that he does not live in the present or the future; he lives as if he is never going to die, and then dies having never really lived."   Dalai Lama

56Back to top Go down   1 hole Vs 4 hole injectors - Page 2 Empty Re: 1 hole Vs 4 hole injectors Sun Apr 03, 2016 8:08 am

K75cster

K75cster
Life time member
Life time member
Rick I was wondering about the split sprat injector shown by the Kaptain earlier, why would that not be advantageous in passing the valve stem?? Especially if you can line up the spray to pass either side of that stem.

57Back to top Go down   1 hole Vs 4 hole injectors - Page 2 Empty Re: 1 hole Vs 4 hole injectors Sun Apr 03, 2016 8:42 am

Rick G

Rick G
admin
admin
Disadvantage if anything, the valve head and stem rely on the fuel spray for some cooling.

58Back to top Go down   1 hole Vs 4 hole injectors - Page 2 Empty Re: 1 hole Vs 4 hole injectors Wed Apr 06, 2016 7:25 pm

Holister

Holister
Life time member
Life time member
Yep. In fact the #210 injector in the 2V K was specifically designed to squirt fuel to the back of the valve head and stem. Being the hottest part of the intake chamber it vapourises the liquid fuel very quickly. Keep in mind this was before they had developed injectors that atomised fuel.

1989 K100RT     VIN  0097367 (naked)  
1996 K1100RS   VIN  0451808
 1 hole Vs 4 hole injectors - Page 2 Austra12    Fuel:  95 Octane
Engine Oil: Nulon Full Synthetic 15W50
Gear Box Oil:  Nulon Synthetic 75W90

59Back to top Go down   1 hole Vs 4 hole injectors - Page 2 Empty Re: 1 hole Vs 4 hole injectors Thu Apr 07, 2016 1:16 am

rawdonball

rawdonball
Gold member
Gold member
Interesting...

Another example of the benefits of understanding what the designers had in mind. Thanks guys

60Back to top Go down   1 hole Vs 4 hole injectors - Page 2 Empty Re: 1 hole Vs 4 hole injectors Fri Apr 08, 2016 1:50 am

K75cster

K75cster
Life time member
Life time member
charlie99 wrote:about 3 bar mate (vacuum hose disconnected ---which gave it about 2.5 - 2.7 bar with vacuum pulsing at idle ) ...the spray pattern on these injectors seams to benefit the slight extra pressure

note I retracted the afm springing back to 1 click down from standard ,( could have left it at 2 clicks down in spring tension but felt that economy would suffer greatly )  ...and relocated the wiper to achieve 1.16 volts on closed throttle  instead of the 1.68 or something that I read as static settings before I started on this particular afm . thats from memory .

which kinda comes into line with the link I found for some measured standards ...that could have been from a much younger and unmolested  afm - bike

Got it thanks, but is this on the modified head and intake motor, you've been setting up or is it stock. I've had to go back to page 1 of your 85renno thread to find out if it was on a bike with a head job done to it, but cant tell.

61Back to top Go down   1 hole Vs 4 hole injectors - Page 2 Empty Re: 1 hole Vs 4 hole injectors Sun Sep 18, 2016 1:04 pm

charlie99

charlie99
VIP
VIP
hi keith
 it was to my modified head ( ports cleaned up )
1 hole Vs 4 hole injectors - Page 2 Inlet10

'86 K100 RT..#0090401 ..."Gerty" ( Gertrude Von Clickandshift ) --------O%O
'86 k100 rs.. #######..  "Fred " (f(rame) red ) ( Fredrick leichtundschnell ) - -
bits and pieces from many kind friends across the k100 world ...with many thanks ..
1987 k100rs ########   "Red"  - (red sports rs TWB style )
1989 K100rt #009637   "Black Betty"  (naked rt ala Nigel , now sporting an rs main fairing )

62Back to top Go down   1 hole Vs 4 hole injectors - Page 2 Empty Re: 1 hole Vs 4 hole injectors Mon Sep 19, 2016 5:36 am

K75cster

K75cster
Life time member
Life time member
Good Job Charlie, I will file that away fro when I need it. taa mate

63Back to top Go down   1 hole Vs 4 hole injectors - Page 2 Empty new injectors Sat Jun 20, 2020 2:55 am

poddy

poddy
Silver member
Silver member
Well all this tech information can get confussing, for a simple fellow.
I have had issues with my 88 K100RS since purchased.
I started soughting problem with new plugs & leads, Fuel pump & filter as well as fuel hose. New K&N air filter.
New crank case breather hose, This hose was part of my problem. Still had rough idle & acceleration at times.
Ok now I've replaced the fuel injectors. When I pulled the old ones out they came out in bits(Bit concerning).
Orings a loose fit around old injectors. plastic ring above Oring loose, Nozzles stayed in the injector inlets holes. No cap washers under fuel rail. bits of crud around injector inlets.
Think some ones been here before me.
After cleaning inlets carefully fitted new injectors following instructions. Oiled orings to help instillation. Placed missing cap washers under fuel rail. All gone back together well.
On start up idle is smother. acceleration is more responsive. seems a positive leap forward. Unable to road test at moment as just home from hospital.
I replaced old injectors (single nozzle) for the 0280150415 (4 hole) thinking better atomisation of fuel  is always a improvement.
But replacing old injectors for new ones has got to be a plus. put simply.

64Back to top Go down   1 hole Vs 4 hole injectors - Page 2 Empty Re: 1 hole Vs 4 hole injectors Tue Sep 06, 2022 8:16 am

jcd06

jcd06
Holister wrote:... Pressure and flow are directly related...

I respectfully disagree.
You need to have 4 times more pressure to achieve 2 times more flow.
Or in other words, for a given apeture the relation between pressure and flow is exponential.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum