BMW K bikes (Bricks)

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Back to top Go down   fuel pump strainer question Empty fuel pump strainer question Wed Mar 18, 2009 9:53 pm

mikec

Does anyone know how to alter the later model strainers that have the vent hose attachments to fit an early k model -- the later ones will not fit down into the fuel pump cavity in the tank. I was told that the early model strainers are no longer available.
Mike

2Back to top Go down   fuel pump strainer question Empty Re: fuel pump strainer question Thu Mar 19, 2009 11:47 am

liljohn

Mike, I also changed to the newer primary filter for my 85',Inside the gas tank,around the base where the fuel pump clips into place,there is a very thin piece of metal that goes from one side to the other.I simply cut that piece with pliers to allow the pump assembly to go down into position, then rotate a little bit to line up the clips to lock into place...That small piece of metal was very brittle and broke off very easily.mine is working fine with the new filter, I inserted a proper size screw into the hose fitting to plug it.Hope this helps,liljohn

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum