BMW K bikes (Bricks)

You are not connected. Please login or register

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 7 of 7]

301Back to top Go down   86 K100RS Resurrection. - Page 7 Empty Re: 86 K100RS Resurrection. Wed Sep 25, 2013 9:46 am

All the parts to finish this R1100RS have arrived. Instead of posting pics of brake lines etc I'll fit everything, give it a polish and post the pics of the finished bike. I'll put off the RWC and Rego till October so I don;t have to display a rego label on the thing, that little oddity is being scrapped in Queensland as of next month.

I've almost cleared the backlog of work from going to Far Cairn so Gimme a Coupla Days ...

I'm a little peeved I could not clean all the oil stains off the exhaust. Trust me I tried everything Sad

302Back to top Go down   86 K100RS Resurrection. - Page 7 Empty Re: 86 K100RS Resurrection. Fri Sep 27, 2013 2:02 am

All Done, washed and ready for rego. Here's one pic, it's too late in the day for a full set, too many shadows so I'll reshoot the whole bike tomorrow under a noon day sun.

I took it for a run to the servo for fuel and air and noticed the front brakes pulse a little under heavy brakes. The bobbins might have some rust on them as the front rotors don't move at all. Once I get a legal number plate on it I'll take it for a run round the dams to loosen everything up and see if the pulsing goes away.

86 K100RS Resurrection. - Page 7 Right

303Back to top Go down   86 K100RS Resurrection. - Page 7 Empty Re: 86 K100RS Resurrection. Fri Sep 27, 2013 2:19 am

MikeP

MikeP
Life time member
Life time member
Bloody good work Robin. cheers

304Back to top Go down   86 K100RS Resurrection. - Page 7 Empty Re: 86 K100RS Resurrection. Fri Sep 27, 2013 10:43 am

Cheers Mike, I definitely didn't go the full hog on this one cos the repaint sucked up so much time. If I never see another sheet of sandpaper it will be too soon Smile  Next time I won't change the colour, that will make it a lot easier and using a spray gun will make it a lot quicker for me rather than rattle cans.

On advise from another forum I had a look at the bobbins as stiff bobbins may warp a disk. These ones don't have circlips, they are pressed in. I gave them a bang with a rubber mallet but I'll do that again with a can of brake/carb cleaner in hand and try to blow the crap out.  There is obviously some rust hanging about the things.

86 K100RS Resurrection. - Page 7 Bobbins

It's hard to believe this is the same bike as the RT under all the plastic. It just feels so much lighter, it is 50Kgs lighter going by the specs but feels more, and lots lower. Both my feet are flat on the ground on this thing and I can stand to clear the seat while just my toes are on the ground on the RT. hmmm.

305Back to top Go down   86 K100RS Resurrection. - Page 7 Empty Re: 86 K100RS Resurrection. Fri Sep 27, 2013 7:13 pm

charlie99

charlie99
VIP
VIP
looking good robin

'86 K100 RT..#0090401 ..."Gerty" ( Gertrude Von Clickandshift ) --------O%O
'86 k100 rs.. #######..  "Fred " (f(rame) red ) ( Fredrick leichtundschnell ) - -
bits and pieces from many kind friends across the k100 world ...with many thanks ..
1987 k100rs ########   "Red"  - (red sports rs TWB style )
1989 K100rt #009637   "Black Betty"  (naked rt ala Nigel , now sporting an rs main fairing )

306Back to top Go down   86 K100RS Resurrection. - Page 7 Empty Re: 86 K100RS Resurrection. Sat Sep 28, 2013 7:27 am

smithy

smithy
Life time member
Life time member
Looks good Robin. Hopefully this one will be easier to get on and off the centre stand , as you seemed to be struggling with the Rt.

98 K1100lt: Vin 8044

307Back to top Go down   86 K100RS Resurrection. - Page 7 Empty Re: 86 K100RS Resurrection. Sat Sep 28, 2013 8:07 pm

It came up reasonably well but once I have rego on it it's off to gumtree. I have to sell this one to pay the wife back for he RT and I want to pay her back before stripping it and sinking any more money into it. I did buy new bobbins and installed them onto the disks yesterday and I have throttle body kits coming to rebuild both of them. Those jobs had to be done but I'm sure there's a bad bearing down the back someplace and I washed a fair bit of oil off the rear arm when I got back from Tottenham. It's stopped raining today so I should be able to get RS photos done for gumtree.

But your right smithy, the RT is a bit like a large bowling ball to handle when it's stopped and it's also a brute of a thing around slow small roundabouts in town, it's a bike for the open road. The seating is adjustable so I'll play around with the height and see if that makes a difference. A '99 K1200RS just came up on bikesales for under $5K, talk about bad timing, I'm sure there'll be another one day.

Here's the pics.

86 K100RS Resurrection. - Page 7 Right

86 K100RS Resurrection. - Page 7 Left

86 K100RS Resurrection. - Page 7 Front

86 K100RS Resurrection. - Page 7 Rear

86 K100RS Resurrection. - Page 7 Dash

308Back to top Go down   86 K100RS Resurrection. - Page 7 Empty Re: 86 K100RS Resurrection. Sun Sep 29, 2013 3:38 am

MikeP

MikeP
Life time member
Life time member
Good luck with the sale Robin. It should shift pretty quickly looking as it does.

309Back to top Go down   86 K100RS Resurrection. - Page 7 Empty Re: 86 K100RS Resurrection. Sun Sep 29, 2013 4:06 am

Fingers crossed Mike. There is only one other listed in Queensland and he wants almost $7K. I'll be happy with $4.5K for this one, It is an old model, one piece seat and fixed bars but it seems to be running really well, very smooth.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 7 of 7]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum