Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 5]

1Back to top Go down   Araluen trip Empty Araluen trip Wed Aug 10, 2011 8:08 pm

Rickmeister

Rickmeister
Life time member
Life time member
Aussies,

The winter of our discontent (for us Southerners) is nearly over and thoughts are now drifting towards another K-Trip.

The most suitable weekend for me is the last weekend in October, 29th, 30th. I understand that the weekend before was mooted as a suitable date. I might not be able attend subject to my golfing performance.

Araluen (near Braidwood, in the Southern Highlands) would be a good location, as discussed in earlier dispatches. If the last weekend in October is suitable to all concerned then I'm definitely in.

Thoughts on a suitable route for the Northerners...

The Hunter Valley-ites can meet the Northerners at Denman (SW of Muswellbrook) on the Thursday or Friday night. On Saturday, early start, ride to Sandy Hollow, Bylong, Rylestone, Kandos, cleansing ale at the historic Sofala pub, Bathurst, obligatory lap around Mt Panorama race cct, Oberon, Taralga, Goulburn, Braidwood and then to Araluen.

It may be wise to book lodgings at the Araluen Pub.

What thinks ye all?

Ulrich.

2Back to top Go down   Araluen trip Empty Re: Araluen trip Wed Aug 10, 2011 9:29 pm

Rick G

Rick G
admin
admin
Thats the weekend I was counting on so I am in for it as many others have said.

Araluen Valley Hotel Ph 0248464023 for bookings. Do this soon to make sure you get it as it can get busy. There is a camping ground about 3.5km South.

Lets start a list, copy and paste to your post and add your name to it.

1. Rick Grabau
  2. K Freak K1100 first trip and wife Marg on the K75.

And then he is so anxious about the future that he does not enjoy the present; the result being that he does not live in the present or the future; he lives as if he is never going to die, and then dies having never really lived."   Dalai Lama

Bikes 1999 K1100 LT with a Big Block 1200

3Back to top Go down   Araluen trip Empty Re: Araluen trip Wed Aug 10, 2011 10:13 pm

blaKey

Life time member
Life time member
Lets start a list, copy and paste to your post and add your name to it.

1. Rick Grabau
  3. Blakey (fingers crossed)

Dress for the ride and the potential slide.

4Back to top Go down   Araluen trip Empty Re: Araluen trip Wed Aug 10, 2011 11:45 pm

RT

RT
Life time member
Life time member

Put us down for one. We might have to meet up with you guys earlier somewhere.

1. Rick Grabau
3.Blakey (fingers crossed)
4. Bob Turner and wife Sharon

5Back to top Go down   Araluen trip Empty Re: Araluen trip Wed Aug 10, 2011 11:53 pm

RT

RT
Life time member
Life time member
Just spoke to the pub, at the moment there is nothing else on that weekend, he suggests we get in and book asap . Only one room booked so far, me.
Sorry Ulrich, got a double with the missus this time.
RT

6Back to top Go down   Araluen trip Empty Re: Araluen trip Thu Aug 11, 2011 3:10 am

Albyalbatross1

Albyalbatross1
Life time member
Life time member
1. Rick Grabau
5. Alby & Nicole (Leave approved Laughing)

Last edited by Albyalbatross1 on Sun Sep 04, 2011 4:37 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : update)

7Back to top Go down   Araluen trip Empty Re: Araluen trip Thu Aug 11, 2011 3:36 am

charlie99

charlie99
VIP
VIP
1. Rick Grabau
5. Alby & Nicole (waiting on leave approvals)
6. Charlie....im puttin in notice next week for the 4 day weekend

'86 K100 RT..#0090401 ..."Gerty" ( Gertrude Von Clickandshift ) --------O%O
'86 k100 rs.. #######..  "Fred " (f(rame) red ) ( Fredrick leichtundschnell ) - -
bits and pieces from many kind friends across the k100 world ...with many thanks ..
1987 k100rs ########   "Red"  - (red sports rs TWB style )
1989 K100rt #009637   "Black Betty"  (naked rt ala Nigel , now sporting an rs main fairing )

8Back to top Go down   Araluen trip Empty Re: Araluen trip Thu Aug 11, 2011 5:09 am

1. Rick Grabau
7. TWB, solo this time.

9Back to top Go down   Araluen trip Empty Re: Araluen trip Thu Aug 11, 2011 6:21 am

CanberraDave

CanberraDave
Gold member
Gold member
1. Rick Grabau
7. TWB, solo this time.
8. Dave Garth

VIN # 0097704

What happens if you get scared half to death twice?

10Back to top Go down   Araluen trip Empty Re: Araluen trip Thu Aug 11, 2011 6:32 am

CanberraDave

CanberraDave
Gold member
Gold member
1. Rick Grabau
7. TWB, solo this time.
8. Dave Garth solo at this stage

VIN # 0097704

11Back to top Go down   Araluen trip Empty Re: Araluen trip Fri Aug 12, 2011 4:49 am

CanberraDave

CanberraDave
Gold member
Gold member
I will be going solo, so when I book I'll let them know I am happy to share with people who don't snore. Don't want anyone else to drown me out!!!!! Araluen trip 44271

VIN # 0097704

12Back to top Go down   Araluen trip Empty Re: Araluen trip Fri Aug 12, 2011 6:48 am

Albyalbatross1

Albyalbatross1
Life time member
Life time member
Well your in trouble anyways..Niccy puts Most old exghaust brakes to shame...I sure hope the pubs not rendered as she has cracked ours on the house!!

13Back to top Go down   Araluen trip Empty Re: Araluen trip Fri Aug 12, 2011 10:00 am

charlie99

charlie99
VIP
VIP
Araluen trip 44271

'86 k100 rs.. #######..  "Fred " (f(rame) red ) ( Fredrick leichtundschnell ) - -
bits and pieces from many kind friends across the k100 world ...with many thanks ..
1989 K100rt #009637   "Black Betty"  (naked rt ala Nigel , now sporting an rs main fairing )

14Back to top Go down   Araluen trip Empty Re: Araluen trip Fri Aug 12, 2011 6:25 pm

charlie99

charlie99
VIP
VIP
k ...just had a look at denman area accomodation .

there seems to be a van park there ...with cabins etc ...looks like they have 3 bed types as well ....um figuring $95 a night for 3 up ...30 something bucks each .....would this be a solution for the queensland mob heading south ?

if so ill be giving tham a call

http://users.hunterlink.net.au/~maarch/page2.html

15Back to top Go down   Araluen trip Empty Re: Araluen trip Sat Aug 13, 2011 6:52 am

Rickmeister

Rickmeister
Life time member
Life time member
So...Friday, 28th October at Denman? I'm in with the cabin!!
It'll be a good day's ride to Araluen, be we can cut it!

16Back to top Go down   Araluen trip Empty Re: Araluen trip Sat Aug 13, 2011 7:48 am

Rick G

Rick G
admin
admin
I will be leaving a day or so earlier and making a three day trip out of it so don't count on my company.

And then he is so anxious about the future that he does not enjoy the present; the result being that he does not live in the present or the future; he lives as if he is never going to die, and then dies having never really lived."   Dalai Lama

17Back to top Go down   Araluen trip Empty Re: Araluen trip Sat Aug 13, 2011 8:23 am

Albyalbatross1

Albyalbatross1
Life time member
Life time member
Nicole and I are planning the same. leaving a day or two earlier as it is her first LONG trip and she has been no futher south than Stanthorpe.

18Back to top Go down   Araluen trip Empty Re: Araluen trip Sat Aug 13, 2011 8:28 am

charlie99

charlie99
VIP
VIP
reminds me alby .....why would you need to!!! ....grin

19Back to top Go down   Araluen trip Empty Re: Araluen trip Sat Aug 13, 2011 9:02 am

Albyalbatross1

Albyalbatross1
Life time member
Life time member
Wink

20Back to top Go down   Araluen trip Empty Re: Araluen trip Sat Aug 13, 2011 9:51 am

Rick G

Rick G
admin
admin
Albyalbatross1 wrote:Nicole and I are planning the same. leaving a day or two earlier as it is her first LONG trip and she has been no futher south than Stanthorpe.

Does Nicole ride or are you 2 up

21Back to top Go down   Araluen trip Empty Re: Araluen trip Sat Aug 13, 2011 5:52 pm

Albyalbatross1

Albyalbatross1
Life time member
Life time member
We are two up. I want to show her a lil country on the way down. Not sure yet which way.

22Back to top Go down   Araluen trip Empty Re: Araluen trip Sat Aug 13, 2011 8:17 pm

RT

RT
Life time member
Life time member
I,m leaving Saturday morning about 10. Just not fair.

23Back to top Go down   Araluen trip Empty Re: Araluen trip Sat Aug 13, 2011 8:19 pm

charlie99

charlie99
VIP
VIP
hmm you could always meet us up at denman rt ? just an idea ....

24Back to top Go down   Araluen trip Empty Re: Araluen trip Sat Aug 13, 2011 8:41 pm

RT

RT
Life time member
Life time member
What's the planned route after Denman chaps, anywhere near Oberon (the coldest place in NSW without a doubt)?
RT

25Back to top Go down   Araluen trip Empty Re: Araluen trip Sat Aug 13, 2011 8:59 pm

charlie99

charlie99
VIP
VIP
lol ....you guessed it rt .....its on the pass through list .....but ...it should be sun high by then

i recon guyra (northern tableands) is on the is on the same list rt

26Back to top Go down   Araluen trip Empty Re: Araluen trip Sat Aug 13, 2011 9:44 pm

Rickmeister

Rickmeister
Life time member
Life time member
If the Friday night at Denman goes ahead, the planned route to Araluen is:
Denman to Sandy Hollow.
Left over the Goulburn RIver bridge, to Bylong (now all sealed, pretty good ride) then to Rylestone, Kandos.

If we go to Bathurst, we turn right at Ilford, cleansing ale at the Sofala pub and then onto BAthurst, Oberon, Taralga, Goulburn Braidwood and Araluen.

If Bathurst is given the flick, we could go via Lithgow, Oberon etc.

I'm planning: Denman on the Friday night, Araluen on the Saturday night and then being a bit of a free spirit after that.

27Back to top Go down   Araluen trip Empty Re: Araluen trip Sun Aug 14, 2011 8:45 am

charlie99

charlie99
VIP
VIP
ditto rick ill be there

currently planning a friday 9.00 am leave from brissy (southwest ...oxley area on the ipswich road ) via new england highway (warwick then south ) to muswellbrook then denman

28Back to top Go down   Araluen trip Empty Re: Araluen trip Sun Aug 14, 2011 5:33 pm

Charlie, according to Google Maps that's a 750 km, nine-plus hour ride
(you know it'll take longer - they always do), and one I might be able to ride with you on if I'm going only that little bit further than you lot that day. It depends upon flight times and what we've discussed previously.

29Back to top Go down   Araluen trip Empty Re: Araluen trip Sun Aug 14, 2011 6:00 pm

charlie99

charlie99
VIP
VIP
oops .... hmm yeah twb ....we know how we like our maccas and a chat .... i guess i was just being opulent with a late start
and i really dont like looking for new places in the dark .....
or is this too far for a one day ride, all at once ?

lets amend this to a 6.30-7.00am start ?

30Back to top Go down   Araluen trip Empty Re: Araluen trip Sun Aug 14, 2011 6:20 pm

It's not too far for me...but I reckon an earlier than 9AM start is in order. Hows about we meet up at a Macca's somewhere earlier and then are on the road about 7AM latest? That'll give us that essential smoko, chat and a coffee buffer. The daylight hours'll be heaps longer than now by then too, especially as it will be DST over the border in New South Wales. Remember too, that it's a Friday and so there'll be 'escape to the country' traffic to contend with at day's end. All good. All doable.

Are Blakey's fingers still crossed?

31Back to top Go down   Araluen trip Empty Re: Araluen trip Sun Aug 14, 2011 9:21 pm

blaKey

Life time member
Life time member
Still crossed.
The way things are looking, I may just have to buy some generic throw-over panniers.

Dress for the ride and the potential slide.

32Back to top Go down   Araluen trip Empty Re: Araluen trip Sun Aug 14, 2011 9:44 pm

A long distance riding mate of mine used to say "take only what is essential and credit card your undies if you need a fresh pair!" He had a stack of memorable biker quotes.

33Back to top Go down   Araluen trip Empty Re: Araluen trip Mon Aug 15, 2011 4:30 am

CanberraDave

CanberraDave
Gold member
Gold member
Booked my accommodation today. Being a local I thought I would go down on Friday night and test out the bar stools so I can get the best one. I will go to work for a bit and leave from there.

Anyone else looking at going down Friday? Might do some local sight seeing on Saturday while I await the imminent onslaught of you interstaters.

VIN # 0097704

34Back to top Go down   Araluen trip Empty Re: Araluen trip Mon Aug 15, 2011 4:45 am

Albyalbatross1

Albyalbatross1
Life time member
Life time member
Nic and I will be there in time for lunch on Sat. Staying two nights at Pub.

35Back to top Go down   Araluen trip Empty Re: Araluen trip Mon Aug 15, 2011 5:24 am

charlie99

charlie99
VIP
VIP
nice one alby ....!!

enjoy ...you two ..

36Back to top Go down   Araluen trip Empty Re: Araluen trip Mon Aug 15, 2011 7:10 am

Rick G

Rick G
admin
admin
Looks like I will be leaving Thursday morning and Denman the first night the Taralgo for friday night and arrive Araluen about 11ish Saturday.

37Back to top Go down   Araluen trip Empty Re: Araluen trip Mon Aug 15, 2011 7:23 am

charlie99

charlie99
VIP
VIP
way cool k freak ....hopin to catch up about afternoon then with a few more "k"s

38Back to top Go down   Araluen trip Empty Re: Araluen trip Mon Aug 29, 2011 8:20 am

Rick G

Rick G
admin
admin
Count another two in

1. Rick Grabau
3. Blakey (fingers crossed)
7. TWB, solo this time.
8. Dave Garth solo at this stage
9. Tom Grabau and wife Anne

39Back to top Go down   Araluen trip Empty Re: Araluen trip Tue Aug 30, 2011 12:37 am

RT

RT
Life time member
Life time member
Are you northerners still coming through Oberon way ? then to Goulburn, Tarago (Loaded Dog Hotel)?.
RT

40Back to top Go down   Araluen trip Empty Re: Araluen trip Tue Aug 30, 2011 12:50 am

Oldgoat

Oldgoat
Life time member
Life time member
Hope you guys take pics!?

OG

41Back to top Go down   Araluen trip Empty Re: Araluen trip Tue Aug 30, 2011 1:33 am

Rickmeister

Rickmeister
Life time member
Life time member
Bob, the plan (for me, at least) is to go via Oberon, Goulburn, Tarago Braidwood and then onto Araluen. Staying at the Loaded Dog is desirable, but it is reasonably close to Araluen. All my lodgings are booked for the Saturday night, so, to the stay at the LD would have to be the Friday night. Aaaaagh!! Life is an endless process of decision making!

42Back to top Go down   Araluen trip Empty Re: Araluen trip Tue Aug 30, 2011 2:11 am

Rick G

Rick G
admin
admin
I will be staying at the loaded dog but on Friday night the rest of the bunch will be giong on friday from Brizvegas and meeting at Denman.

We sure will take some pics OG. Charlie isn't called the mad flasher for nuthin.

43Back to top Go down   Araluen trip Empty Re: Araluen trip Tue Aug 30, 2011 4:24 am

I might have a welcome surprise to some of you. I'm trying to get it together logistically now. It'll mean a swing past Sydney on Friday arvo though so I might not make the first night's rendezvous.

44Back to top Go down   Araluen trip Empty Re: Araluen trip Tue Aug 30, 2011 4:29 am

charlie99

charlie99
VIP
VIP
nice one twb .... oh goodie ...wonder what it is ????Shocked

45Back to top Go down   Araluen trip Empty Re: Araluen trip Tue Aug 30, 2011 8:27 pm

RT

RT
Life time member
Life time member
TWB you better not turn up on anything shiny and new mate
I'm thinking of riding up to Oberon and staying on Friday night and hopefully finding Rick and whoever else might breeze through. That's the plan anyway. snow and ice aside.
RT

46Back to top Go down   Araluen trip Empty Re: Araluen trip Wed Aug 31, 2011 4:45 am

charlie99

charlie99
VIP
VIP
snow and ice in end of october !!! crikey rt !

47Back to top Go down   Araluen trip Empty Re: Araluen trip Wed Aug 31, 2011 5:00 am

Rick G

Rick G
admin
admin
In 1990 we got to Oberon in mid November and stayed a couple of days to do some fly fishing.

I had to go to the hardware store for some bits and I walked in to the store and the guy is fanning himself with catalogue and said "bit warm eh". It was 24degC and upon having a chat he told me if I had been a week earlier we would have got snow.

48Back to top Go down   Araluen trip Empty Re: Araluen trip Thu Sep 29, 2011 5:36 am

Well, we're getting closer and closer to departure days for the Ride To Araluen. It's 30 days from today, in fact, for most of us leaving on the Friday. I'm leaving Very Early on the 28th and taking the Pacific Highway through Sydney. I'll see you mob on Saturday arvee in lovely Araluen. Any Aussie (or other) riders who can make it are more than welcome to join us. Hidden somewhere in this post is the contact info for the pub but I understand there are some other types of accommodation in the area. See youse guys there!

49Back to top Go down   Araluen trip Empty Re: Araluen trip Thu Sep 29, 2011 6:16 am

I just range them at the Araluen Hotel on 02 4846 4023 and there's still rooms available for Saturday the 29th and before and after at this stage. No ensuites though.

50Back to top Go down   Araluen trip Empty Re: Araluen trip Thu Sep 29, 2011 6:21 am

charlie99

charlie99
VIP
VIP
oh goodie!!! ...till now i have forgotten to call....doh !

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 5]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum