BMW K bikes (Bricks)

You are not connected. Please login or register

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 5 of 5]

201Back to top Go down   Araluen trip - Page 5 Empty Re: Araluen trip Wed Nov 02, 2011 5:48 am

Enlarge this image
Araluen trip - Page 5 Img_1020
RT said, "and the real reason we hope TWB comes along, Liz just can't wait to get her gear off."

There's plenty a man can do alone but having a good woman by his side often makes things even better. With nary a complaint about the weather, the way I sometimes ride, or after a long day astride the hard saddle, she handles it all as it comes along. She likes you lot too.

202Back to top Go down   Araluen trip - Page 5 Empty Re: Araluen trip Wed Nov 02, 2011 5:52 am

charlie99

charlie99
VIP
VIP
yep shes a "keeper" ... glad she had fun mate ... send huggs when next you chat .

'86 K100 RT..#0090401 ..."Gerty" ( Gertrude Von Clickandshift ) --------O%O
'86 k100 rs.. #######..  "Fred " (f(rame) red ) ( Fredrick leichtundschnell ) - -
bits and pieces from many kind friends across the k100 world ...with many thanks ..
1987 k100rs ########   "Red"  - (red sports rs TWB style )
1989 K100rt #009637   "Black Betty"  (naked rt ala Nigel , now sporting an rs main fairing )

203Back to top Go down   Araluen trip - Page 5 Empty Re: Araluen trip Thu Nov 03, 2011 7:43 am

Ghost who rides

Ghost who rides
Life time member
Life time member
Just arrived in Adelaide after another hard 900kms, not that K complained but my wrists and forearms are screaming! Enough of that tho, this little 75 whines enough for both of us.
Had a bird strike... only a magpie luckily. the LH mirror took the sting out, still hurt tho, there I go again, speaking of wine this little semillon chardonnay is perfect for my toast to ye Lords and Ladies of my recent aquaintance , cheers!
So not home but where I began my Araluen .

Gordon

204Back to top Go down   Araluen trip - Page 5 Empty Re: Araluen trip Thu Nov 03, 2011 7:50 am

charlie99

charlie99
VIP
VIP
crikey gordo ...ther'e not a small bird at all .....

good trip mate ....enjoy

'86 k100 rs.. #######..  "Fred " (f(rame) red ) ( Fredrick leichtundschnell ) - -
bits and pieces from many kind friends across the k100 world ...with many thanks ..
1989 K100rt #009637   "Black Betty"  (naked rt ala Nigel , now sporting an rs main fairing )

205Back to top Go down   Araluen trip - Page 5 Empty Re: Araluen trip Thu Nov 03, 2011 8:34 am

Ghost who rides

Ghost who rides
Life time member
Life time member
Qantas kerfuffle and the boat is booked out but they are ripping the unfortunate stranded travellers off, $97 is the basic fare they want $272 for the 14th, $221 for the 15th but that will go up if "demand" is there . What p..s me is that as a Tassie resident I "own " these ships grrr...!

206Back to top Go down   Araluen trip - Page 5 Empty Re: Araluen trip Thu Nov 03, 2011 10:06 am

Several years back I was on my way out of Devonport on Xmas day, on one of my Airheads. I'd booked passage to Melbourne and the boat was nearly empty. The reception bloke was feeling Xmassy and when I hobbled up to the desk feigning a bit of stomach crook he took pity on me and looked for a room for me instead of the upright chairs. With a quick glance over the list of rooms available and a quicker glance around he tossed the bookings list over his shoulder and said "Tonight it's free, it's Xmas!" and handed me a room key. But the look in the poor woman's eyes when she sat bolt upright in bed as I unlocked her cabin door as she covered herself, the half-opened doorway light streaming in and lighting up her darkened room. I couldn't back away fast enough apologising as I left and closing the door quickly. The clerk's reaction was humble and he gave me a key for another room instead, saying something about the irony of the records not being kept straight on such a lightly loaded trip. I had a comfy snooze and was roaring through the empty streets of Melbourne on Boxing Day heading for the Princes Highway and eventually back home to Queensland.

I hope you make it home safe and well, but I don't like your chances of getting a free 'upgrade' such as that in this current transport 'climate'. Cheers to you, Gordo.

207Back to top Go down   Araluen trip - Page 5 Empty Re: Araluen trip Thu Nov 03, 2011 11:03 am

Ghost who rides

Ghost who rides
Life time member
Life time member
That's a ripper Twb! In '82 the wife to be and I got the hot tip from a touring mate we met in Elizabeth st, I think it was the Princess , right on top for'ad of the funnels a 3 sided "shelter
" on the lilos and sleeping bags, well it was a good nights sleep till 5.30 when the deckhands hosed down the deck making us rapidly pack up! Pri..cks ! Despite that it was one of my my best xings . Another, I told Liz, with my 4 yr old old sAdelaide oto to n, in our bike gear , on our way to Adelaide and the Purser commended me onmost his, behaviour i suppose , 'cos most kids were running riot ! Next day we went Melb to Bordertown in the rain !Grammar and spelling mistakes due to me notbeing as smart as this phone !

208Back to top Go down   Araluen trip - Page 5 Empty Re: Araluen trip Thu Nov 03, 2011 9:39 pm

Albyalbatross1

Albyalbatross1
Life time member
Life time member
Gordon, never fun. hope the mirror is OK. This is the fix i made in Golburn after throwing mine at C Dave.
Araluen trip - Page 5 Imag0514
It gave me quite good view beside and behind.

209Back to top Go down   Araluen trip - Page 5 Empty Re: Araluen trip Thu Nov 03, 2011 11:48 pm

Toto_jp

Platinum member
Platinum member
and it goes faster Alby its "red"

210Back to top Go down   Araluen trip - Page 5 Empty Re: Araluen trip Fri Nov 04, 2011 12:13 am

caferacer62

caferacer62
Life time member
Life time member
Ok so as well as DeoxIT and a strong sense of humour now i have to carry race tape with me.... this is getting complicated.

Sounds like you guys had a great time on your trip away.

Don't give in to the Black Dog!
"A Zorst, a zorst my kingdom for a Zorst"

Araluen trip - Page 5 170874

211Back to top Go down   Araluen trip - Page 5 Empty Re: Araluen trip Fri Nov 04, 2011 2:17 am

blaKey

Life time member
Life time member
Does it really need to be spelled out?

If your bike is silver, use silver tape. Red bike, red tape. Rolling Eyes

Dress for the ride and the potential slide.

212Back to top Go down   Araluen trip - Page 5 Empty Re: Araluen trip Fri Nov 04, 2011 6:27 am

CanberraDave

CanberraDave
Gold member
Gold member
Don't listen to them Alby. The pinstripes on the mirror look great. Geez Ghost you are putting some K's on the K. I am hoping to get to Tassie next year. Have to visit some rellies and might stay for a bit.

Good place for a get together guys (after QLD of course).

VIN # 0097704

What happens if you get scared half to death twice?

213Back to top Go down   Araluen trip - Page 5 Empty Re: Araluen trip Fri Nov 04, 2011 6:31 am

charlie99

charlie99
VIP
VIP
hmmm food for thought dave .......a week (5 days) on tassie soil ...?

214Back to top Go down   Araluen trip - Page 5 Empty Re: Araluen trip Fri Nov 04, 2011 6:44 am

Ghost who rides

Ghost who rides
Life time member
Life time member
I'm hoping to do the qld meet and was thinking Tas next too so im glad Dave suggested it .
My local does groups very well esp bikers . this time of year is ok but Feb Mar Apr prob better . Happy to work on it if there's interest .

215Back to top Go down   Araluen trip - Page 5 Empty Re: Araluen trip Fri Nov 04, 2011 7:06 am

CanberraDave

CanberraDave
Gold member
Gold member
Hmmmm.... All those K's on the boat. Some good PR shots there TWB. Won't be long and we'll need to start looking for a sponsor perhaps.

VIN # 0097704

What happens if you get scared half to death twice?

216Back to top Go down   Araluen trip - Page 5 Empty Re: Araluen trip Mon Nov 21, 2011 10:37 am

Life time member
Life time member
Just been revisiting the pics of what looks like a fabulous trip.

Who rides the "bright yellar" RT?

88KE

"The world is a book and those who do not travel read only one page." - St. Augustine from 1600 years ago & still true!

K1 - 1989 - AKA Titan (unique K1/K1100RS hybrid by Andreas Esterhammer)
K1100RS - 1995. AKA Rudolf Von Schmurf (in a million bits)
K100RS - 1991 AKA Ronnie. Cafe racer project bike
K75RTP - 1994
K75C - 1991 AKA Jim Beam. In boxes. 
K1100LT 1992 - AKA Big Red (gone)
K100LT - 1988 - AKA the Bullion brick. Should never have sold it.

217Back to top Go down   Araluen trip - Page 5 Empty Re: Araluen trip Mon Nov 21, 2011 7:28 pm

Rick G

Rick G
admin
admin
That's Rick Grabau's "Yellow Brick Road"

And then he is so anxious about the future that he does not enjoy the present; the result being that he does not live in the present or the future; he lives as if he is never going to die, and then dies having never really lived."   Dalai Lama

Bikes 1999 K1100 LT with a Big Block 1200

218Back to top Go down   Araluen trip - Page 5 Empty Re: Araluen trip Mon Nov 21, 2011 7:46 pm

charlie99

charlie99
VIP
VIP
he rides like the wind ......zoom >>>>

219Back to top Go down   Araluen trip - Page 5 Empty Re: Araluen trip Mon Nov 21, 2011 8:27 pm

Life time member
Life time member
Rick....if you're listening (so to speak!) have you any other pics of the bike? I'm thinking of a colour change for mine when I strip it and yellow being so hi viz is up there in the choices.
88KE

"The world is a book and those who do not travel read only one page." - St. Augustine from 1600 years ago & still true!

K75RTP - 1994

220Back to top Go down   Araluen trip - Page 5 Empty Re: Araluen trip Mon Nov 21, 2011 10:26 pm

Tom G

Tom G
Life time member
Life time member
G'day 88KE,Yep, that is Rick's Yellow Canary, sings and flies like a bird.Tom Grabau

221Back to top Go down   Araluen trip - Page 5 Empty Re: Araluen trip Mon Nov 21, 2011 10:47 pm

Rickmeister

Rickmeister
Life time member
Life time member
Dear 88KE,

The Yellow Peril colour was my choice. Its a 1990 LT, ex-local police. Its original colour was white. The PO had it painted a metallic grey colour. When I got hold of it, I thought to my self...:this is going to be very difficult to see in cloudy, grey days. Immediately stripped every thing that was to painted and took it to the local automotive paint shop. The colour is a GM Holden Monaro yellow, which I don't know if it is available over your way. Its not TOO lairy, but at least its reasonably visible out on the road.

When I work out how to post pictures, I will do so.

So, how do I post pictures?? (Chronic technophobia, again!!)

222Back to top Go down   Araluen trip - Page 5 Empty Re: Araluen trip Mon Nov 21, 2011 10:57 pm

Tom G

Tom G
Life time member
Life time member
G'day Ulrich,when you find out how to post photos,let me know because I suffer from the same phobia.Cheers,Tom Grabau

223Back to top Go down   Araluen trip - Page 5 Empty Re: Araluen trip Tue Nov 22, 2011 1:29 am

Rick G

Rick G
admin
admin
Ulrich_Grabau wrote:The colour is a GM Holden Monaro yellow, which I don't know if it is available over your way. (Chronic technophobia, again!!)

There should be a paint code that is recognised world wide or just get a heap of swatches from the local panel shop or paint shop.
Better get some Yak skin and glue that on and make dreadlocks in it.

And then he is so anxious about the future that he does not enjoy the present; the result being that he does not live in the present or the future; he lives as if he is never going to die, and then dies having never really lived."   Dalai Lama

224Back to top Go down   Araluen trip - Page 5 Empty Re: Araluen trip Tue Nov 22, 2011 1:30 am

Rick G

Rick G
admin
admin
Tom Grabau wrote:G'day Ulrich,when you find out how to post photos,let me know because I suffer from the same phobia.Cheers,Tom Grabau
Here try this http://k100rt.aforumfree.com/t998-posting-pictures-and-movies

225Back to top Go down   Araluen trip - Page 5 Empty Re: Araluen trip Tue Nov 22, 2011 2:26 am

charlie99

charlie99
VIP
VIP
i think theres a resonable pic of ulrichs in the urunga thread

of corse the "gmh holden" is known as the "vauxhaul monaro" for our english friends ....and "chevy monaro" for our us friends we export them everywhere ....oops should have said "buick monaro"

Araluen trip - Page 5 Thumbnail.aspx?q=1407614590735&id=25deab42798133fff0265f4b554e9726&url=http%3a%2f%2fwww.carsbase.com%2fphoto%2fVauxhall-Monaro_mp88_pic_35900

Last edited by charlie99 on Tue Nov 22, 2011 9:38 am; edited 1 time in total

226Back to top Go down   Araluen trip - Page 5 Empty Re: Araluen trip Tue Nov 22, 2011 8:34 am

Life time member
Life time member
[quote="K Freak"]

Araluen trip - Page 5 44271

JA RASTA MOO!

Holden and Vauxhall brands don't exist here but the motors do - We get ours with an Opel flavoured badge and the Monaro is known as a calibra I think! I'll look it up under the name. Still would like to see some photo's - If only to get the Grabau twins over the technofobia Razz

227Back to top Go down   Araluen trip - Page 5 Empty Re: Araluen trip Tue Nov 22, 2011 9:41 am

charlie99

charlie99
VIP
VIP
lol you would have much better luck if you offered ulrich an new "putter" thats all he really cares about "flog",,,giggles

Araluen trip - Page 5 Dscf2419

Araluen trip - Page 5 Dscn1210

228Back to top Go down   Araluen trip - Page 5 Empty Re: Araluen trip Tue Nov 22, 2011 12:10 pm

Life time member
Life time member
Thanks Charlie.

I can see what you mean by Hi Viz Rick...it really stands out in the line up. Mmmmm mabe some black strips....Mmmmmm...I'll be thinking!!

K75RTP - 1994

229Back to top Go down   Araluen trip - Page 5 Empty Re: Araluen trip Tue Nov 22, 2011 5:47 pm

RT

RT
Life time member
Life time member
This may help
Araluen trip - Page 5 Img_0910
I only got to see the back of Rickmeister's machine mostly on the road, but in his driveway I managed to take this.
I can vouch for the fact that this colour is visible from at least a kilometer even from behind.
Really handy if you are a highway patrol policeman.
Cheers RT

230Back to top Go down   Araluen trip - Page 5 Empty Re: Araluen trip Tue Nov 22, 2011 7:06 pm

charlie99

charlie99
VIP
VIP
Araluen trip - Page 5 44271 i agree rt ...good point ....same for me as rickmeister took off out of denman ...for me not having travelled the road before i took it a little easier ....but "the meister" was way out in front and gone after about 20 ks ...but i kept up with him on the second part of the leg ,,,when the wet closed in, towards kandos and onto bathurst . once rickety met us at bathurst and those two hit the sweet road out of oberon ...they were gone like a flash ...

231Back to top Go down   Araluen trip - Page 5 Empty Re: Araluen trip Tue Nov 22, 2011 11:59 pm

Toto_jp

Platinum member
Platinum member
Nice colour but you wouldn't want to put stripes on it because it would look like a giant hornet\wasp coming down the road Smile

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 5 of 5]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum