BMW K bikes (Bricks)

You are not connected. Please login or register

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 3 of 5]

101Back to top Go down   Araluen trip - Page 3 Empty Re: Araluen trip Thu Oct 13, 2011 6:12 am

col

Life time member
Life time member
rt , ulric
if the boss can get a loader operator (hope some one wants overtime)
it will be a go for the weekend bathhurst 40 mins from home (yeeh sleepin) i could meet ulric and everyone else in bathurst just need a rough time and a meeting place
looking forward to a great weekend

102Back to top Go down   Araluen trip - Page 3 Empty Re: Araluen trip Thu Oct 13, 2011 6:12 am

CanberraDave

CanberraDave
Gold member
Gold member
Alby, what time are you guys planning on leaving Goulburn? Although I am going down on Friday, if the weather is kind I might come out to meet you all. Otherwise I could gestimate and meet you at Braidwood.

Dave

VIN # 0097704

What happens if you get scared half to death twice?

103Back to top Go down   Araluen trip - Page 3 Empty Re: Araluen trip Thu Oct 13, 2011 6:32 am

CanberraDave

CanberraDave
Gold member
Gold member
You guys have picked a good weekend to come down Canberra way. It will be the end of bikeweek. Here are a couple of activities:

Day 7 28th October 2011 - Ride to Work Friday and Bikers Breakfast. There are 13,000 of you riders out there and 36,000 license holders so get on your bike, and ride out to East lawn King Edward terrace at 0730 for a healthy Egg and Bacon roll and a coffee and chat with fellow riders before heading off to work.

Day 8 29th October 2011 - This day has activities for everyone, we have the Vietnam Vets annual Poker Run heading off from Bredbo check out the Vets website
http://www.vvmcfederal.com.au, and Rolfe (local BMW Dealer) will have a demo ride day on including their new 6 cylinder mile muncher for you to play on (whoops ride).

Day 9 30th October 2011 - This is the big one - the huge one the one you can’t and mustn’t miss. BIKEFEST 2011 at EPIC, what a day we’ll have for you, there will be dealer displays, club displays, gymkhana events for certificates and prizes and the Show n Shine with trophies for the first 3 place getters. Catering this year will be by EPIC and they have promised a great range of snacks and good coffee. And just think while listening to the band you can chat with your friends while contemplating walking up and looking through the Swap meet in the adjoining area. This year the Swap meet and BIKEFEST while on at the same time are separate events so to get into Bikefest a humble gold coin donation would be great, but the Swap meet will cost an additional $3.00.

Use the main entrance at EPIC and park in the carpark in front of the Coorong building.

Something to do on Sunday (if your not too hungover) if you are riding back through Canberra.

Dave

VIN # 0097704

104Back to top Go down   Araluen trip - Page 3 Empty Re: Araluen trip Thu Oct 13, 2011 11:23 pm

charlie99

charlie99
VIP
VIP
sounds great dave ...i wonder if we could create our own catagory

some thing like "saved from the wreckers and still running real nice,

the mighty BMW "k" series awesomeness" ?

i recon 8 or 9 of us turning up on old "k" bikes .. might turn some heads huh ?

even just a ride through..... with our new t shirts on display ....maybe i can rig one up as a flag ? ,,,,,giggle ....

for a dollar it would be a hoot !!!!!!

'86 K100 RT..#0090401 ..."Gerty" ( Gertrude Von Clickandshift ) --------O%O
'86 k100 rs.. #######..  "Fred " (f(rame) red ) ( Fredrick leichtundschnell ) - -
bits and pieces from many kind friends across the k100 world ...with many thanks ..
1987 k100rs ########   "Red"  - (red sports rs TWB style )
1989 K100rt #009637   "Black Betty"  (naked rt ala Nigel , now sporting an rs main fairing )

105Back to top Go down   Araluen trip - Page 3 Empty Re: Araluen trip Fri Oct 14, 2011 3:17 am

RT

RT
Life time member
Life time member
Oh great that means the wallopers will be out in force.
Looks like I might bed down at Bathurst on Friday night Col, seems a bit more central if the guys are coming through. I'll book somewhere and send you a pm with phone numbers etc.
I went for a local spin yesterday, the area is alive with bikers on their way down to the Island this weekend. I have never seem so many new Beemers and boat anchors on the road, all distinguishably unfriendly. Must be grumpy old men and women riders, what's wrong with these people. Wave or nod at least.
RT

106Back to top Go down   Araluen trip - Page 3 Empty Re: Araluen trip Fri Oct 14, 2011 3:27 am

charlie99

charlie99
VIP
VIP
yep that sucks huh !!! rt ....cost nothing to be polite ..the world is better place if it happens ......i wont tell ya what i really think ....but i just remember good things happen to those that play the game ..well in my mind anyhow .

i remember that harley rider that we helped out ..last trip up to green mount ...it could have been me ..or any of us ...and i feel good inside that we stopped and helped where we could . i seeem to recall out of the next few groups that passed that day ...probably 60 or so riders ....only a couple even slowed to check all was well, to the rest it seemed an inconvienience that they had to slow at all..

just a note rt ....better that we know were the "men in blue " will be ...and get the hell out of there before the "tribe " starts to break up keeping in mind that other juristictions will also be trying to get their bite of the cherry along the way home ...

107Back to top Go down   Araluen trip - Page 3 Empty Re: Araluen trip Fri Oct 14, 2011 8:29 am

RT

RT
Life time member
Life time member
Well Charlie, the way I ride now I'd be proud to cop a speeding fine, frame it
next to the grandkids graduation diploma.
Almost time to pack the spares and tool kit. I bought a probe thermometer
because I could, it's coming, and you can show me how to turn on my multimeter.
Blakey can show me how to spell.
Bedtime, can recommend Koonungah Hill shiraz.
RT

108Back to top Go down   Araluen trip - Page 3 Empty Re: Araluen trip Wed Oct 19, 2011 3:22 am

charlie99

charlie99
VIP
VIP
ok booked in at the "royal hotel " denman (02 65472226 )friday night 28th ...in a double bunk room ...(ye gods ) there are more available also ...soo ifn ya wanna share and keep the cost down ...

thanks ulrick

ill be seeing you and tom ++ in the main bar i guess come nightfall , earlier if i can make it .

'86 k100 rs.. #######..  "Fred " (f(rame) red ) ( Fredrick leichtundschnell ) - -
bits and pieces from many kind friends across the k100 world ...with many thanks ..
1989 K100rt #009637   "Black Betty"  (naked rt ala Nigel , now sporting an rs main fairing )

109Back to top Go down   Araluen trip - Page 3 Empty Re: Araluen trip Wed Oct 19, 2011 3:27 am

blaKey

Life time member
Life time member
"Blakey can show me how to spell."

DeoxIT. Repeat after me. D-e-o-x-I-T.

Class dismissed...

Dress for the ride and the potential slide.

110Back to top Go down   Araluen trip - Page 3 Empty Re: Araluen trip Wed Oct 19, 2011 3:37 am

charlie99

charlie99
VIP
VIP
Araluen trip - Page 3 44271

111Back to top Go down   Araluen trip - Page 3 Empty Re: Araluen trip Wed Oct 19, 2011 6:50 pm

RT

RT
Life time member
Life time member
Oh yes and the blood pressure monitor in case we have to attend these lectures. Araluen trip - Page 3 178468
Bad news for me is I have some disastrous virul infection, laid me low for 4 days now. I shouldn't be infectious by next week but hopefully will have regained some strength. (mental note buy a R65 in case of flu)

112Back to top Go down   Araluen trip - Page 3 Empty Re: Araluen trip Thu Oct 20, 2011 4:10 am

charlie99

charlie99
VIP
VIP
aww ,,, take the time and get better rt .....we need to have you with us .... get well soon friend

113Back to top Go down   Araluen trip - Page 3 Empty Re: Araluen trip Thu Oct 20, 2011 4:41 am

CanberraDave

CanberraDave
Gold member
Gold member
Hope you come good RT. Looking forward to seeing you.

VIN # 0097704

114Back to top Go down   Araluen trip - Page 3 Empty Re: Araluen trip Thu Oct 20, 2011 6:15 am

RT

RT
Life time member
Life time member
Actually went for a short ride today seeing as how it is warm finally. All went ok so I'm thinking positive. Tks for the thoughts men, must mean I owe money everywhere if you want me alive.
Long range forecast is looking a bit cool and damp, might leave the lowers in place.
RT

115Back to top Go down   Araluen trip - Page 3 Empty Re: Araluen trip Thu Oct 20, 2011 6:45 am

I for one hope you and your sense of humour overcome what ails you, and the both of you (and your motorbike) make it to Araluen for the meeting.

Araluen trip - Page 3 112350

116Back to top Go down   Araluen trip - Page 3 Empty Re: Araluen trip Thu Oct 20, 2011 8:46 am

col

col
Life time member
Life time member
got weekend off work check
got leave pass from wife check
bike ready to go check
money for drinks check
come next weekend, it will be a great weekend riding with friends and having a few drinks at end of the day. life is almost perfect
rt
hope your feeling better
col

117Back to top Go down   Araluen trip - Page 3 Empty Re: Araluen trip Thu Oct 20, 2011 7:14 pm

Rickmeister

Rickmeister
Life time member
Life time member
Bob: We need to arrange rendezvous (Bathurst?, Oberon?...) for Sat morning. Hope all is well, and the weather is good.

Col: Where will you be coming from? Some of the lads are staying at Denman (Royal) on the Friday night. Please advise...

Rickmeister.

118Back to top Go down   Araluen trip - Page 3 Empty Re: Araluen trip Fri Oct 21, 2011 5:36 am

RT

RT
Life time member
Life time member
Hi mate
I reckon I'll mosy up to Bathurst on Friday, stay O/N and meet Col sometime
in the morning, KFreak has my mobile Number, not sure if you do, I'll send it through and we can try and keep tabs on your progress. Then we can all do Oberon onwards. Col might have a better idea whereabouts it Bathurst it's a big place for us country boys.
Regards RT

119Back to top Go down   Araluen trip - Page 3 Empty Re: Araluen trip Fri Oct 21, 2011 5:40 am

CanberraDave

CanberraDave
Gold member
Gold member
RT, does that mean you are all doing the Oberon - Goulburn road? Around what time do you reckon you will be hitting Goulburn. If I am well enough after Friday at Araluen I might come out and meet up with you.

Cheers

Dave

VIN # 0097704

120Back to top Go down   Araluen trip - Page 3 Empty Re: Araluen trip Fri Oct 21, 2011 5:47 am

charlie99

charlie99
VIP
VIP
good idea dave ..im a thinking it wont be till afternoon ...good effort mate ,,id be thinking twb and a few others will be joining us about then as well ....how about in the old park in the centre of goulburn theres a nice few cafes around there as well ...

121Back to top Go down   Araluen trip - Page 3 Empty Re: Araluen trip Fri Oct 21, 2011 5:51 am

You blokes are all so connected, know who's going where and when, what time and what mobile number, and have such a maze of connectivity going, we could have a bloody revolution! Better organised than a mob of Libyans. About time to overthrow the powers, eh!? We'll be close to Canberra...Nah, let's have a coupla coldies instead, go for a nice burble in the countryside on our motorbikes with our mates.

122Back to top Go down   Araluen trip - Page 3 Empty Re: Araluen trip Fri Oct 21, 2011 5:58 am

charlie99

charlie99
VIP
VIP
rick ...from memory col will be comming in from out orange ways ...bathurst would be a great meet point ...???

i can see our mate rt needing a bit of a slow start ...after his illness ....recon we'll hit bathurst by 11ish goulburn by 1.30 ish ?

123Back to top Go down   Araluen trip - Page 3 Empty Re: Araluen trip Fri Oct 21, 2011 6:26 am

Albyalbatross1

Albyalbatross1
Life time member
Life time member
We might have a sleep in and meet you in gouldburn perhaps. Ill call one of you friday night to see where your at.

124Back to top Go down   Araluen trip - Page 3 Empty Re: Araluen trip Fri Oct 21, 2011 6:34 am

charlie99

charlie99
VIP
VIP
aye alby ....hope nikki is going to get a blast for all these old beauties turning up at the same time ,,,and hopefully she wont feel all alone (there being other ladies around by then ) should be great heading out of town .....purring our way towards the southern regions.

125Back to top Go down   Araluen trip - Page 3 Empty Re: Araluen trip Fri Oct 21, 2011 6:44 am

Albyalbatross1

Albyalbatross1
Life time member
Life time member
Hell yes. I think she is looking foward to it. her first real adventure (what style it will be!!) Printers being a royal pain in butt, that'll learn me for being honest... Will have shirts with me. If anyone decides to wonder this way over the weekend just let me know.

126Back to top Go down   Araluen trip - Page 3 Empty Re: Araluen trip Fri Oct 21, 2011 6:49 am

CanberraDave

CanberraDave
Gold member
Gold member
Unfortunately my K100 is still not quite ready. Sad

If it wasn't for bad luck I wouldn't have any luck at all. The Monster has decided to throw a fork seal and there are none in Australia, so awaiting a set from the homeland.

I hate travelling to work by bus so I treated myself to a tidy 2000 model R1100RT a couple of weeks ago. So I hope no-one minds an oilhead in the group. At least it is a BMW and not a sleek Italian!!!!!

VIN # 0097704

127Back to top Go down   Araluen trip - Page 3 Empty Re: Araluen trip Fri Oct 21, 2011 6:55 am

charlie99

charlie99
VIP
VIP
still planned to head up there on sunday alby ......might just end up a cuppa and a look around ...but thats cool by me ,,,always good to meet new friends..... dont worry mate ...itll work out in the end, you have my appreciation already for trying.....cheers bloke

128Back to top Go down   Araluen trip - Page 3 Empty Re: Araluen trip Fri Oct 21, 2011 7:42 am

Rick G

Rick G
admin
admin
I don't think anyone will mind an Oilhead in the midst. They also are of good breeding.

I was hoping to bring the just finished K1100 but alas no the front springs are frittered and the Ignition needs some TLC before I start riding it so the trusty ol grey brick it is.

And then he is so anxious about the future that he does not enjoy the present; the result being that he does not live in the present or the future; he lives as if he is never going to die, and then dies having never really lived."   Dalai Lama

Bikes 1999 K1100 LT with a Big Block 1200

129Back to top Go down   Araluen trip - Page 3 Empty Re: Araluen trip Fri Oct 21, 2011 8:37 am

charlie99

charlie99
VIP
VIP
aww but well and trusted it is ...mate ..sorry to hear ...but looking forward ...

130Back to top Go down   Araluen trip - Page 3 Empty Re: Araluen trip Fri Oct 21, 2011 6:04 pm

RT

RT
Life time member
Life time member
Dave I see you have cited from the mantra of Cream. You therefore can ride whatever you like, geez you must be old.
RT

131Back to top Go down   Araluen trip - Page 3 Empty Re: Araluen trip Sun Oct 23, 2011 6:54 pm

Albyalbatross1

Albyalbatross1
Life time member
Life time member
For those of you who are interested I have set up a one time account for GPS Sat enabled phone tracking. This will be available while we are in service range for the software to update the map site.

Nic and I are going south to the Arualuen meet from Wednesday afternoon on. I will activate my phone for a few hours during the day so we can be tracked. Or you can turn my phone on via SMS.

To View the live map.

Go to THIS page and Click on the Live Tracking tab.

Username-- albyalbatross1
password-- bmwk100

My phone number is 0412763445

(you will need to find out how to send an internatinal SMS from your service provider out of Australia)

To start LIVE tracking via SMS send GPS_TRACKER_START device_1394307931359

To Stop Live tracking via SMS send GPS_TRACKER_STOP device_1394307931359

To get a One time location send GPS_TRACKER_FETCH device_1394307931359

This account will be deleted sometime after the trip.

132Back to top Go down   Araluen trip - Page 3 Empty Re: Araluen trip Sun Oct 23, 2011 7:09 pm

charlie99

charlie99
VIP
VIP
crikey alby ...???

how about i just meet you guys in goulburn ,, when the rest of the northern group makes it down there ....

news up date ...

our good friend blakey wont be able to make it ...sad

if anybody is heading out of brissy on the friday ...i will be heading out towards warwick (down the new england ) leaving 6.00am prompt from oxly mc donalds (ipswitch road)

all welcome !!!

133Back to top Go down   Araluen trip - Page 3 Empty Re: Araluen trip Sun Oct 23, 2011 9:17 pm

Albyalbatross1

Albyalbatross1
Life time member
Life time member
Thought it might be of interest for our over the water friends. Golburn---Thats a plan for us!!

134Back to top Go down   Araluen trip - Page 3 Empty Re: Araluen trip Sun Oct 23, 2011 9:25 pm

charlie99

charlie99
VIP
VIP
aye !! a great idea mate ...we dont want to appear behind the times ....besides i have an adversion to technoligy when "out of work hours " (sheepish grin)

135Back to top Go down   Araluen trip - Page 3 Empty Re: Araluen trip Sun Oct 23, 2011 9:30 pm

Rick G

Rick G
admin
admin
Albyalbatross1 wrote:Thought it might be of interest for our over the water friends. Golburn---Thats a plan for us!!

I usually don't correct spelling as I make many mistakes myself but it is spelt Goulburn. It could matter for those who don't know the Oz towns.

And then he is so anxious about the future that he does not enjoy the present; the result being that he does not live in the present or the future; he lives as if he is never going to die, and then dies having never really lived."   Dalai Lama

136Back to top Go down   Araluen trip - Page 3 Empty Re: Araluen trip Sun Oct 23, 2011 11:23 pm

Albyalbatross1

Albyalbatross1
Life time member
Life time member
study scratch lol! OOPPPS!! My BAD!!! Didnt we have this conversation on Sunday??? OOOHHHH!! De, Dey, Diii *%$*& Un-rusted it...

137Back to top Go down   Araluen trip - Page 3 Empty Re: Araluen trip Mon Oct 24, 2011 7:10 am

col

col
Life time member
Life time member
i will be coming from orange 40 mins west
if people wont to do a lap of mt panorama you have to turn right when get to the end of the sofala rd if not you turn left and head to the oberon turnoff
just remember mt panorama is a 60 kph area and is heavily patrolled by the blokes who used to ride some of our bikes
if i can get a time the boys will be leaving denman in the morning i know how early i have to leave

138Back to top Go down   Araluen trip - Page 3 Empty Re: Araluen trip Mon Oct 24, 2011 9:20 am

ricketyclik

ricketyclik
Silver member
Silver member
Rightio, the stars have aligned and I'm planning to ride up from Canberra on Friday to stay at Denman and then accompany all the northerners southwards. I'll be rendezvousing with my Dad and a mate in Denman, Dad will be returning north Saturday morning, my mate (R80) will be accompanying us for a while but probably will stop at Kandos at his Grandfather's.

My number's 0411 575 474. Can whoever's staying at Denman post theirs?

Not sure where we'll be staying, I'll check out the options during the week. What's the ETD from Denman on Saturday morning?

I'm not sure at this stage whether I'll be able to make Araluen itself... time will tell!

Last edited by ricketyclik on Mon Oct 24, 2011 9:57 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Misspelt "theirs". Of course.)

139Back to top Go down   Araluen trip - Page 3 Empty Re: Araluen trip Mon Oct 24, 2011 9:46 am

charlie99

charlie99
VIP
VIP
rickety .....if denman works out the same as urunga ...we were all prepared and ready to be off by 9.00am ...there were some folks that needed their "advanced beauty sleep " and im not saying anymore than that .....

i would be happy (pending hangover ) to be away by 8.00am

thats really good news mate ..cheers

140Back to top Go down   Araluen trip - Page 3 Empty Re: Araluen trip Tue Oct 25, 2011 5:08 am

ricketyclik

ricketyclik
Silver member
Silver member
The Royal's booked out, so it looks like we'll be camping. That, plus the fact that it's my father I'll be meeting suggests a high likelihood I'll be needing and extra hour or two of sleep to compensate for the whiskey Wink

I'll try to arrive early on Friday so that we get an early night!

141Back to top Go down   Araluen trip - Page 3 Empty Re: Araluen trip Tue Oct 25, 2011 5:55 pm

Albyalbatross1

Albyalbatross1
Life time member
Life time member
Nic and I are off today!! We are only going as far as Maryvale Crown Hotel.(just outside warwick on the Cunningham hwy) To spend a night with our friend Lisa. She is a lil down over the loss of Marco Simoncelli as she was an offical at Phillip Isl recently and said "he was the nicest person there. he was the only one who was not jumping up and down with arms in the air swearing when he fell off. (every time he went around her corner!) all he would do was smile and yell PUSH ME PUSH ME PUSH ME" and was full of encouragement for her, when he heard how far she rode down on a 250 yama virago.

So no more work for us this week!!! C U at Golburn. Very Happy

142Back to top Go down   Araluen trip - Page 3 Empty Re: Araluen trip Tue Oct 25, 2011 7:35 pm

charlie99

charlie99
VIP
VIP
good travelling mate ....hope you guys have fun

143Back to top Go down   Araluen trip - Page 3 Empty Re: Araluen trip Wed Oct 26, 2011 2:44 am

Stout

Looking forward to seeing all you guys!!!

Due in part to domestic responsibilities and also in part to the MRA ACT Motrocycle Awareness Week activities posted up by Canberra Dave, I will only be able to pop out to the pub for a couple of hours on Saturday afternoon. Among other things, I'm riding my Trials bike in a demo at Bikefest on Sunday.

If anybody coming to Araluen has any spare K100RT luggage keys (eg: panniers, topbox) in their collection of bits, I'd be delighted to swap for a beer, any that are found to work in my stuff! (I very carelessly dropped the original set of luggage / accessory keys that came with my bike somewhere between work and home last Friday evening...)

144Back to top Go down   Araluen trip - Page 3 Empty Re: Araluen trip Wed Oct 26, 2011 4:55 am

CanberraDave

CanberraDave
Gold member
Gold member
That's a bit of a bugger Stout. Keys seem to be a never ending 'I want'.

Can't wait to meet everyone. The weather is a bit cold at the moment but at least the weekend forecast has changed to a shower or two on both days instead of rain. In the 20's for the days so should be good.

Dave

VIN # 0097704

145Back to top Go down   Araluen trip - Page 3 Empty Re: Araluen trip Wed Oct 26, 2011 4:58 am

charlie99

charlie99
VIP
VIP
dontcha hate that stout ...!!

will be good to meet ...thanks for the effort

i wanted to head over to twbs place to see his new rear shockie ....but far too many things to be done around here before friday

i should have booked off with an extra day ....oh well next time

146Back to top Go down   Araluen trip - Page 3 Empty Re: Araluen trip Wed Oct 26, 2011 5:06 am

Rick G

Rick G
admin
admin
At the moment we have a ripper thunder storm but should be fine tomorrow and maybe a few showers when we set out.

147Back to top Go down   Araluen trip - Page 3 Empty Re: Araluen trip Wed Oct 26, 2011 7:05 am

I'm out under the dim porch light, mozzies and all, with a cold glass of suds and tools scattered about, putting on a new Bitubo rear shock from Eye-Talia. The front fork tubes have been slid back down 15mm to where they should be after taking off the 19mm shorter rear Works Performance shock (that works just fine).

Araluen trip - Page 3 Dscf2631

I was checking my gearbox oil too and noted that the expensive synthetic Castrol gear oil looked like a cold mug of café con leché and probably lubricated just as well. Good thing I have a spare litre of Hypoid in the shed.

I'm off Very Early Friday morning, running solo down the Pacific Highway to the Big Smoke for the night, then with pillion down through Royal National Park and along that cool road (Grand Pacific Drive) that sits over the water south of the 'Gong that I've always wanted to ride on.

Araluen trip - Page 3 Grandp10

We'll see you Saturday arvee at Araluen.

148Back to top Go down   Araluen trip - Page 3 Empty Re: Araluen trip Wed Oct 26, 2011 7:15 am

charlie99

charlie99
VIP
VIP
looks nice mate ....the real test will soon be apparent ....

nice ride plans too ...enjoy !!!

no one heading out of brisbane friday morning ???????

if not i may have to review plans and head out 3.00am with twb .....

Last edited by charlie99 on Wed Oct 26, 2011 7:53 am; edited 1 time in total

149Back to top Go down   Araluen trip - Page 3 Empty Re: Araluen trip Wed Oct 26, 2011 7:53 am

RT

RT
Life time member
Life time member
Safe travels all, see you at the pub(s).

150Back to top Go down   Araluen trip - Page 3 Empty Re: Araluen trip Thu Oct 27, 2011 3:04 am

charlie99

charlie99
VIP
VIP
changed mind ....just moseying down the new england ...i havent done that for 30 odd years. on two wheels at least .

leave time 6.00am. ready to roll

Araluen trip - Page 3 Pictur41

travel well guys and gals ....see you soon ...

151Back to top Go down   Araluen trip - Page 3 Empty Re: Araluen trip Thu Oct 27, 2011 4:04 am

Tried the new rear 'firm' shockie on a thirty K blast this arvee, cleaned up some insect detritus but reckon she'll get plastered with more so cleaning is not on. The mechanicals are sorted, the gear packed and stowed, the map's had a once over. Leaving at about 3AM. The Pacific Highway is my choice this time. I know these roads, can 'feel' the speed cameras in the back of my mind before they flash me. I can't count the number of times I've done the East coast blast, and until I get close to Wollongong and then South of it, I'm in familiar territory. Good ride to all. As my old riding mate Wayno says, "Ride fast, take chances". See yaz all in Araluen.

Araluen trip - Page 3 Dscf2632

Did I mention that the shockie is firm?

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 5]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum