BMW K bikes (Bricks)

You are not connected. Please login or register

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 4 of 5]

151Back to top Go down   Araluen trip - Page 4 Empty Re: Araluen trip Thu Oct 27, 2011 4:04 am

Tried the new rear 'firm' shockie on a thirty K blast this arvee, cleaned up some insect detritus but reckon she'll get plastered with more so cleaning is not on. The mechanicals are sorted, the gear packed and stowed, the map's had a once over. Leaving at about 3AM. The Pacific Highway is my choice this time. I know these roads, can 'feel' the speed cameras in the back of my mind before they flash me. I can't count the number of times I've done the East coast blast, and until I get close to Wollongong and then South of it, I'm in familiar territory. Good ride to all. As my old riding mate Wayno says, "Ride fast, take chances". See yaz all in Araluen.

Araluen trip - Page 4 Dscf2632

Did I mention that the shockie is firm?

152Back to top Go down   Araluen trip - Page 4 Empty Re: Araluen trip Thu Oct 27, 2011 5:05 am

CanberraDave

CanberraDave
Gold member
Gold member
Safe riding guys. I'll be staying at Araluen tomorrow night and if the weather is kind I'll meet you in Goulburn around 1:30pm at the park in the middle of town. If not I'll See you all at the pub on Saturday.

RT has my mobile if anyone wants to ring and update me on the time of arrival at Goulburn.

Ride safe.

Dave

VIN # 0097704

What happens if you get scared half to death twice?

153Back to top Go down   Araluen trip - Page 4 Empty Re: Araluen trip Thu Oct 27, 2011 5:59 am

Rick G

Rick G
admin
admin
Me and Alby are in Denman tonight then onto Goulburn tomorrow. Had a good run down the New England Hwy from Stanthorpe, arrived around 5.30.

See ya all Saturday.

And then he is so anxious about the future that he does not enjoy the present; the result being that he does not live in the present or the future; he lives as if he is never going to die, and then dies having never really lived."   Dalai Lama

Bikes 1999 K1100 LT with a Big Block 1200

154Back to top Go down   Araluen trip - Page 4 Empty Re: Araluen trip Thu Oct 27, 2011 6:04 am

CanberraDave

CanberraDave
Gold member
Gold member
K Freak, are you two overnighting in Goulburn tomorrow night?

Glad to hear you had a good run today.

VIN # 0097704

155Back to top Go down   Araluen trip - Page 4 Empty Re: Araluen trip Thu Oct 27, 2011 6:07 am

charlie99

charlie99
VIP
VIP
good onya guys ...

'86 K100 RT..#0090401 ..."Gerty" ( Gertrude Von Clickandshift ) --------O%O
'86 k100 rs.. #######..  "Fred " (f(rame) red ) ( Fredrick leichtundschnell ) - -
bits and pieces from many kind friends across the k100 world ...with many thanks ..
1987 k100rs ########   "Red"  - (red sports rs TWB style )
1989 K100rt #009637   "Black Betty"  (naked rt ala Nigel , now sporting an rs main fairing )

156Back to top Go down   Araluen trip - Page 4 Empty Re: Araluen trip Thu Oct 27, 2011 6:07 am

Rick G

Rick G
admin
admin
Sure are Dave at the Alpine Lodge just near the Railway Station

And then he is so anxious about the future that he does not enjoy the present; the result being that he does not live in the present or the future; he lives as if he is never going to die, and then dies having never really lived."   Dalai Lama

157Back to top Go down   Araluen trip - Page 4 Empty Re: Araluen trip Thu Oct 27, 2011 7:03 am

col

col
Life time member
Life time member
one more sleep to go
pack bike tomorrow night after work
looking forward to a great weekend

158Back to top Go down   Araluen trip - Page 4 Empty Re: Araluen trip Thu Oct 27, 2011 7:06 pm

charlie99

charlie99
VIP
VIP
dang ...so excited about the trip ive overslept and running late ...oh well im up now ...

'86 k100 rs.. #######..  "Fred " (f(rame) red ) ( Fredrick leichtundschnell ) - -
bits and pieces from many kind friends across the k100 world ...with many thanks ..
1989 K100rt #009637   "Black Betty"  (naked rt ala Nigel , now sporting an rs main fairing )

159Back to top Go down   Araluen trip - Page 4 Empty Re: Araluen trip Thu Oct 27, 2011 8:20 pm

Left at 3.30am, made Kempsey by 9 (10 DST). At Freddo's for the obligatory pie and a cuppa. Rain partway now the sun's brilliant. Cheers.

160Back to top Go down   Araluen trip - Page 4 Empty Re: Araluen trip Fri Oct 28, 2011 6:34 am

Rick G

Rick G
admin
admin
In Goulburn tonight, had some fuel pump trouble so I replaced it with an EA Ford Falcon one and all seems sweet.

Probably leave here round 10am with a 1 1/2 hour ride to Araluen.

We are in the process of killing a six pack and relaxing

Chatch ya tomorrow

161Back to top Go down   Araluen trip - Page 4 Empty Re: Araluen trip Sat Oct 29, 2011 10:12 am

blaKey

Life time member
Life time member
Well, I weeded the garden, mowed the front lawn and cleaned the gutters out.

Beat that you guys!

Dress for the ride and the potential slide.

162Back to top Go down   Araluen trip - Page 4 Empty Re: Araluen trip Sun Oct 30, 2011 5:55 am

ricketyclik

ricketyclik
Silver member
Silver member
Well I reckon you're all a bunch of reprehensible scoundrels!

Just the sort of people I like to hang out with. Great weekend people, it was a pleasure, thank you.

163Back to top Go down   Araluen trip - Page 4 Empty Re: Araluen trip Mon Oct 31, 2011 2:23 am

RT

RT
Life time member
Life time member
This little black duck made it home, even I did 1400 ks, all sweet. Great weekend guys, piccies coming, and I didn't even overheat. Thoroughly recommend the Snowy Mountain Highway, what a trip.
RT

164Back to top Go down   Araluen trip - Page 4 Empty Re: Araluen trip Mon Oct 31, 2011 3:44 am

CanberraDave

CanberraDave
Gold member
Gold member
Glad to hear you made it OK RT. Hope you weren't in too much trouble. I also have some pics to sort and I will post them up soon.

VIN # 0097704

165Back to top Go down   Araluen trip - Page 4 Empty Re: Araluen trip Mon Oct 31, 2011 4:09 am

Just arrived in the home district. Sunday was 800km plus of heavy wind and often blinding rain. Today was a more leisurely 550km with yet more wind but only occaissional showers. The Mighty K performed admirably, as usual. I would like to be able to say that about the wet weather gear. But, not a word of complaint was heard from any quarter. Thanks all for a fine meeting after a good ride down and back again. You lot are all right. I trust your respective travels were trouble-free and enjoyable. Pictures when I get near my computer. This Android phone is smarter than me...

166Back to top Go down   Araluen trip - Page 4 Empty Re: Araluen trip Mon Oct 31, 2011 5:12 am

Rick G

Rick G
admin
admin
Well here we are in Coonabarrabran (beat that for a name) holed up in the pub with a coldie and a pizza. Had a good run to Boorawa on Sunday then on to here today and home tomorrow. Bueat weather and as sunny as but some strong wind on Sunday as we left Canberra. All in all a top weekend with top company.

167Back to top Go down   Araluen trip - Page 4 Empty Re: Araluen trip Mon Oct 31, 2011 6:14 am

col

col
Life time member
Life time member
what a blast
terrific weekend came home via the snowy mountain hwy with rt & ulric great ride
every one was just like on the forum;
friendly ,warm ,as always helpful with advice
the enterprise never missed a beat and preformed above expectations (front brakes not so sure) this was the first decent ride i had on her
cant wait for the next get together

168Back to top Go down   Araluen trip - Page 4 Empty Re: Araluen trip Mon Oct 31, 2011 6:19 am

CanberraDave

CanberraDave
Gold member
Gold member
Sounds like that fine machinery is just purring along. More than I can say for my Duc. Took it to the doctor today. News is not good but not terminal (just expensive)Araluen trip - Page 4 61740 . Looks like I will be riding the R for a bit longer. Just have to get the K on the road so I can feel what you guys keep talking about.

VIN # 0097704

169Back to top Go down   Araluen trip - Page 4 Empty Re: Araluen trip Mon Oct 31, 2011 6:46 am

Albyalbatross1

Albyalbatross1
Life time member
Life time member
Top weekend!! a little over 2800 K all up. We just home now from Denman. Good to put faces to names. If anyone should happen to find my first gear on the moonbi range, please kick it into the scrub. Bike ran perfectly other than losing 1st gear.

170Back to top Go down   Araluen trip - Page 4 Empty Re: Araluen trip Mon Oct 31, 2011 6:55 am

CanberraDave

CanberraDave
Gold member
Gold member
Glad to hear you made it home in one piece everyone. Sorry the elements were aginst you all heading north out of NSW. Just goes to show we like to keep the nice people down this way if we can.

It was a pleasure to meet everyone and as Albyalbatross has said, put a face to a name. Sorry to hear about your first gear.

A picture of a rough looking group if ever there was one.

Araluen trip - Page 4 Img_0110

VIN # 0097704

171Back to top Go down   Araluen trip - Page 4 Empty Re: Araluen trip Mon Oct 31, 2011 12:41 pm

charlie99

charlie99
VIP
VIP
i love my "k" 2719 killometers and never missed a beat ..

just made it home, just now 1,36 am ...with quite a few detours

that friend of mine who was supposed to pickup the panniers from gatton missed ....but i found them in a trailer just back from there ...in the maitland area , also saw a gearbox alby ....with a tail shaft as well ..(looked like a 16 tooth) might have a ueseable 1 st gear mate (ill send the details)

you blokes rock

now pass me a beer, im calling in a sicky till afternoon

172Back to top Go down   Araluen trip - Page 4 Empty Re: Araluen trip Mon Oct 31, 2011 1:25 pm

walfish

walfish
Life time member
Life time member
I admire the commitment that each and every one of you have shown, some mean distances travelled for a weekend, it proves the confidence we find with these K bikes. Araluen trip - Page 4 22936

173Back to top Go down   Araluen trip - Page 4 Empty Re: Araluen trip Mon Oct 31, 2011 1:58 pm

charlie99

charlie99
VIP
VIP
i agree ungaas ,,,these blokes have done a great job ....and a fantastic effort on all fronts .

rt has had some edumacation about his not so faulty temp sensor ...we fixed gordo's buggered brakes ( he looked pretty happy at braidwood after the event ) ...great to see tom (grabau)and mrs making the trip and we even hatched a plan for our next trip ....alby handed out some "forum t-shirts" (hes a bloody champion)

and we have to thank the awesome partners that took the time to come along ...."dips me lid"

what s a fantastic place to visit ..... thanks for the suggestion rickmeister .. bows

174Back to top Go down   Araluen trip - Page 4 Empty Re: Araluen trip Mon Oct 31, 2011 4:16 pm

Crazy Frog

Crazy Frog
admin
admin
Nice to see the flock of k100s parked together. It must have been a fantastic week end.
Maybe one day we will have an International K100 Day.
We should organize meetings all over the world on the same day. This would be cool.
I am happy to see that this forum is not just another Internet thing but people are making new riding buddies. Thumbs up to the organizers of this meeting.

Bert

175Back to top Go down   Araluen trip - Page 4 Empty Re: Araluen trip Mon Oct 31, 2011 4:37 pm

club_c

club_c
Life time member
Life time member
True Bert. The Ozzies made me feel very comfortable when I was down that way earlier this year. A nice group of blokes on this site.

I may end up in Halifax on business before the end of the year. I'll let you know if I'm going that way.

1988 K100RS SE VIN 01477554

176Back to top Go down   Araluen trip - Page 4 Empty Re: Araluen trip Mon Oct 31, 2011 5:47 pm

Ghost who rides

Ghost who rides
Life time member
Life time member
I'm back in Victoria now after riding more mountain psses and dirt tracks (who needs a GS?)
The K75C now needs an oil top-up after 5,000kms of hard riding. having the front brake again is bliss , thanks Charlie. A couple more days and I'll be home in Tassie trying to get someone to finance the next journey!
Was great meeting you all, cheers Gordo

177Back to top Go down   Araluen trip - Page 4 Empty Re: Araluen trip Mon Oct 31, 2011 10:02 pm

Tom G

Tom G
Life time member
Life time member
G'day All,had a great ride down to Araluen from Newcastle.Enjoyed the company of ye of almighty knowledge and wisdom-particularly charlie99.We had a good ride home to Newcastle via Nerrigar,Nowra and Culburra.Bike went like a dream and returned 4.2L/100Km using premium Fuel.Thanks again.Tom Grabau

178Back to top Go down   Araluen trip - Page 4 Empty Re: Araluen trip Tue Nov 01, 2011 3:25 am

Rick G

Rick G
admin
admin
What a wonderful week, great company. great bikes and mostly great roads.

Made it home after 2300ks and a very easy 3 days at 3.00pm today.

Unfortunately we hit the worst bit of road (Warrialda to Yetman) when my wonderful WP shockie dropped its bundle completly and if you have ever ridden a pogo stick at 100kph then you will know just how it was. Fun Fun Fun well when I was on the seat anyhow.

Looking forward to the next one.

I like the Idea of worldwide meetings on the same day Bert that could be fun and maybe setup a vidio link as well.

179Back to top Go down   Araluen trip - Page 4 Empty Re: Araluen trip Tue Nov 01, 2011 4:14 am

charlie99

charlie99
VIP
VIP
hey i know that feeling k freak .......like a pogo stick ...bounce glad you made it without drama , and so cool to see margaret there as well ...top effort

180Back to top Go down   Araluen trip - Page 4 Empty Re: Araluen trip Tue Nov 01, 2011 5:28 am

Araluen trip - Page 4 Dscf2633

The mob.

Araluen trip - Page 4 Dscf2634
The place.

Araluen trip - Page 4 Dscf2635
The bikes.

Araluen trip - Page 4 Dscf2636
The brekky table.

Araluen trip - Page 4 Aralue10
The departure.

Araluen trip - Page 4 Dscf2637
The top of the coastal range.

Last edited by Two Wheels Better on Tue Nov 01, 2011 4:09 pm; edited 2 times in total

181Back to top Go down   Araluen trip - Page 4 Empty Re: Araluen trip Tue Nov 01, 2011 5:30 am

charlie99

charlie99
VIP
VIP
great pics mate .....!!!

182Back to top Go down   Araluen trip - Page 4 Empty Re: Araluen trip Tue Nov 01, 2011 5:47 am

Not bad, but I accidentally formatted my camera before downloading all of the pictures, including those of the surrounding hills and paddocks, and those of the bikes and riders lined up taken out front the sunny morning of departure. Bummer!

183Back to top Go down   Araluen trip - Page 4 Empty Re: Araluen trip Tue Nov 01, 2011 6:18 am

charlie99

charlie99
VIP
VIP
some of the pics from our venture

on the way ....a bluff ...somewhere along the "new england highway " the road and surrounding looked like bliss.....first time i have ever seen green along the entire road ...even the creeks (normally died up beds were flowing with water )Araluen trip - Page 4 Pictur45

our first meeting place for the newcastle crew "the royal " at denman

Araluen trip - Page 4 Pictur42

the amazing valley ....beyond the settlement .....this stuff still amazes me ,,, there is a whole orchard of farm produce around this area ....and a verry welcome "country side " atmosphere .....sheep bleeting across the road ..."poddy calves " being poddy calves ....ducks, geese and a verry nice change from the highlands temperature "crisp and chilly" atmosphere ... clouds rolling off the escarpment ...amazing !!

Araluen trip - Page 4 Pictur43

some headed north , some headed east , some headed west and south, but all full with a consolidation of a great event, well enjoyed .

Araluen trip - Page 4 502531

i got lucky and picked up some panniers from an ebay buy ..a while ago .....didnt leave much room for mooving in the saddle , and getting off and on the bike was a interesting experience ...just think 850 killometers with a few extra saddle bags ....giggle Araluen trip - Page 4 Pictur44

184Back to top Go down   Araluen trip - Page 4 Empty Re: Araluen trip Tue Nov 01, 2011 6:21 am

charlie99

charlie99
VIP
VIP
Two Wheels Better wrote:Not bad, but I accidentally formatted my camera before downloading all of the pictures, including those of the surrounding hills and paddocks, and those of the bikes and riders lined up taken out front the sunny morning of departure. Bummer!

bugga ...dontcha hate that !!!

great the see liz as well, twb ....good work brother !!!

185Back to top Go down   Araluen trip - Page 4 Empty Re: Araluen trip Tue Nov 01, 2011 6:44 am

RT

RT
Life time member
Life time member
Glad everyone got home ok, man there's some miles in a trip like that.
To Ghost who rides, Gordy, great to have you turn up, glad you didn't snore like Gollum from Orange, and hope to catch you again mate.
All I can say is, the rest of you old geezers in K world, try and get together if you can, we are all weird in our own ways except for me of course, but
amazingly united through our bikes. Get together.

186Back to top Go down   Araluen trip - Page 4 Empty Re: Araluen trip Tue Nov 01, 2011 7:02 am

col

col
Life time member
Life time member
rt
i have never heard myself snore yet so i dont believe you

187Back to top Go down   Araluen trip - Page 4 Empty Re: Araluen trip Tue Nov 01, 2011 7:11 am

blaKey

Life time member
Life time member
Araluen trip - Page 4 44271

188Back to top Go down   Araluen trip - Page 4 Empty Re: Araluen trip Tue Nov 01, 2011 7:16 am

charlie99

charlie99
VIP
VIP
Araluen trip - Page 4 112350 good one col .... giggles

189Back to top Go down   Araluen trip - Page 4 Empty Re: Araluen trip Tue Nov 01, 2011 11:17 am

club_c

club_c
Life time member
Life time member
Two Wheels Better wrote:I accidentally formatted my camera before downloading all of the pictures, including those of the surrounding hills and paddocks, and those of the bikes and riders lined up taken out front the sunny morning of departure. Bummer!

TWB, there is some online freeware to restore pictures on formatted cards.

1988 K100RS SE VIN 01477554

190Back to top Go down   Araluen trip - Page 4 Empty Re: Araluen trip Tue Nov 01, 2011 12:18 pm

charlie99

charlie99
VIP
VIP
Araluen trip - Page 4 Pictur46

another pic of the flock...

191Back to top Go down   Araluen trip - Page 4 Empty Re: Araluen trip Tue Nov 01, 2011 6:57 pm

Rickmeister

Rickmeister
Life time member
Life time member
Dear All K-People...

As you have all said before, it was a great weekend. I must thank the QLD contingent, and Margaret, Nic, Liz for making the effort. It was HUGE!!

I only did about 1800Km, the trip home (bit of a detour) via Queanbeyan, Cooma, Snowy Mts Hwy to Tumut, overnight at The Great Eastern pub at Young. Luckily the pub shut early, else RT and I would have been a bit of a write-off on Monday. So much to talk about and so little time.

Great to hear that Charlie eventually got his panniers...he was fretting a bit!

RT parted ways on Monday morning to head east. Col and I traveled to Bathurst, where we parted ways. I am afraid to confess that while hammering up the twisties out of Lithgow, up the Bell road, I got passed around the outside by a bloke on one of these Victory machines. Ughh, the ignominity of it all. I eventually caught him at Kurrajong.

Only one white knuckle moment, at the start of the twisties on the Putty road, passed a v.slow moving tourist, hammered into a 25Km/h hairpin at about 100Km/h. Luckily the brakes and the Pirellis did their job.

Got home about 3pm.

The next K-trip WILL be up north to QLD. Bring it on!!!

Thanx, Rickmeister.

192Back to top Go down   Araluen trip - Page 4 Empty Re: Araluen trip Tue Nov 01, 2011 7:57 pm

caferacer62

caferacer62
Life time member
Life time member
Sounds like you all had a great time. Some good pics in there too!

Count me in for next years trip sounds great - always up for a trip.

My misses injury should be healed well and truly by then(fractured pelvis) Thats one of the reasons i bought the K. Much more cumfy than my VL800.

Been 2 years since our last big trip away, went to melbourne on my 04 vl800. Was fantastic.

Cheers all

Bert

193Back to top Go down   Araluen trip - Page 4 Empty Re: Araluen trip Tue Nov 01, 2011 9:14 pm

blaKey

Life time member
Life time member
Wow, another Bert.

To save confusion, you may have to call yourself Bert 2.0

194Back to top Go down   Araluen trip - Page 4 Empty Re: Araluen trip Tue Nov 01, 2011 10:07 pm

caferacer62

caferacer62
Life time member
Life time member
blakey wrote:Wow, another Bert.

To save confusion, you may have to call yourself Bert 2.0

That depends on who is the older bert Very Happy I might be bert version 1.

195Back to top Go down   Araluen trip - Page 4 Empty Re: Araluen trip Tue Nov 01, 2011 10:54 pm

Rick G

Rick G
admin
admin
Seeing as my brain was foggy at Araluen (can't imagine why) I can't remember who was asking about aftermarket speedos so here is a link to an Acewell http://www.acewell.co.uk/ and a diagram of what wires go were but NO RESPONSIBILITY TAKEN.

Araluen trip - Page 4 Acewel10

196Back to top Go down   Araluen trip - Page 4 Empty Re: Araluen trip Tue Nov 01, 2011 11:15 pm

RT

RT
Life time member
Life time member
I was one who was asking, be nice to know how far I've travelled for a change, but that diagram has done my head in tks.
Here are a couple of my pics
Araluen trip - Page 4 Img_1110
Note the non conforming left leaning socialist party members there in the front row.
Araluen trip - Page 4 Img_1112
ew that's an ugly crew

Araluen trip - Page 4 Img_1020
and the real reason we hope TWB comes along, Liz just can't wait to get her gear off

197Back to top Go down   Araluen trip - Page 4 Empty Re: Araluen trip Tue Nov 01, 2011 11:43 pm

blaKey

Life time member
Life time member
Sorry Bert 2.0.

Crazy Frog (Bert) is the man responsible for setting-up this excellent forum...he'll always be Bert.

Anyone other Bert that comes along will have the 2.0, 3.0 suffix added to their name.

198Back to top Go down   Araluen trip - Page 4 Empty Re: Araluen trip Wed Nov 02, 2011 12:53 am

caferacer62

caferacer62
Life time member
Life time member
Then i shall be happy to be bert 2.0..

Don't give in to the Black Dog!
"A Zorst, a zorst my kingdom for a Zorst"

Araluen trip - Page 4 170874

199Back to top Go down   Araluen trip - Page 4 Empty Re: Araluen trip Wed Nov 02, 2011 4:08 am

charlie99

charlie99
VIP
VIP
great pics rt ....cheers mate !!!

200Back to top Go down   Araluen trip - Page 4 Empty Re: Araluen trip Wed Nov 02, 2011 5:21 am

CanberraDave

CanberraDave
Gold member
Gold member
Glad to hear everyone made it home OK. Sorry to hear of your gearbox woes Alby. At least it got you home. Bit of bad luck about the photos TWB. You will just have to take a second camera next time.

When I got back I had a pm from a guy in Melbourne after some crash bar stuff. Specifically, all the mounting hardware for both sides, including plastic caps, plus the right side official crash bar to fit a 1984 K100RT TIC.

I vaguely remember someone saying on the weekend that they might have some crash bars. As this guy is putting together an original police bike (including 'blues & twos') I am guessing he is after the bar with the spotlight mounting plate on it.

If anyone can help him out, let me know and I will pm you his details.

I am already saving up for the next get together.

VIN # 0097704

201Back to top Go down   Araluen trip - Page 4 Empty Re: Araluen trip Wed Nov 02, 2011 5:48 am

Enlarge this image
Araluen trip - Page 4 Img_1020
RT said, "and the real reason we hope TWB comes along, Liz just can't wait to get her gear off."

There's plenty a man can do alone but having a good woman by his side often makes things even better. With nary a complaint about the weather, the way I sometimes ride, or after a long day astride the hard saddle, she handles it all as it comes along. She likes you lot too.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 5]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum